Great hunt. Keep pounding that place to get some of the older stuff that's hiding deeper. The buckle in question looks to me to be a suspender buckle rather than a colonial buckle. The back side would ID it better. If it looks like it was stamped when made, as opposed to being solid, then it's a suspender buckle. Plus the little curled piece with the tongue part is like a suspender buckle. Ages range from the mid 1850's on up.

Pounded it a bit today. Got another suspender buckle and a nickel plated faucet handle. I had to wait for this Eastern Box turtle to lay her eggs, then marked the spot so I won't dig it.20210615_201457.thumb.jpg.f3862f63432ef1337c62e5569be4ae6d.jpg

20210615_201519.thumb.jpg.9c38b4da79fbecd8bf02e9d0744f48a9.jpg

Favorites today were the 1922 dog tax tag and the silver plated knee buckle. It is cast and still has some plate on it. 20210615_201559.thumb.jpg.a40fd0ef6d0127f9020009ccae615e98.jpg20210615_201546.thumb.jpg.4a4e459e0ff5b9000b8409f7ae7376a8.jpg

I do think the other buckle is stamped, it's pretty thin. This one is much older. Pin was on the back.

Let's see the back of that oval buckle. That one looks like a knee buckle. Is it pewter or brass? Great find!

59 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Let's see the back of that oval buckle. That one looks like a knee buckle. Is it pewter or brass? Great find!

It's a 19/21 on the 600, probably brass or copper alloy? Solid 19 out of the ground. My new camera phone takes 64MP photos, so I hope this reduction is good enough. 😀20210615_210902.thumb.jpg.7c21eca09357246864f82915f0eb62e6.jpg

I think it's tinned, not silver plated.

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Looks like we have 3 of those late 19th century suspender buckles now the two you found and the one I found down there in March.  The Colonial buckles are really nice.  Good job, Bob.

Thanks. That RV park trip really sharpened my ability to focus on deeper targets, and cranking F2 to 3 (it's 2 by default on the 600) is a big help. There are so many nails and iron bits you really have to trust your intuition or just dig.

Can't wait for bush hogging in November, I wish I could maintain this whole place but I don't want to trash my mower. Of course the poison ivy and ticks are an issue.

If your concentrating on one area you really like, if it's not objectionable to anyone, a pump sprayer with the correct additives, may solve the tick and poison Ivy problem for a spell!? The wildlife; including you, will be happy to have a tick/poison ivy free zone for awhile! 😂👍👍

19 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

If your concentrating on one area you really like, if it's not objectionable to anyone, a pump sprayer with the correct additives, may solve the tick and poison Ivy problem for a spell!? The wildlife; including you, will be happy to have a tick/poison ivy free zone for awhile! 😂👍👍

That's a great idea Joe. 👍 As it was the turtle was protected by me from the eagles, hawks and ospreys and an owl. I thought mowing would do some good but I got tagged by a nymph tick yesterday. 😵

There are also "all natural" homemade recipes for both problems, but they take longer to work, and may not last as long! But tend to be cheaper! 

And that turtle was cool! I've only seen sea turtles lay eggs!!👍👍