Are We Seeing The Beginning Of The Next Gold Price Boom?

Might be time to hold selling gold, but as per norm some analyst's are bullish some are bearish, but 2016 rise so far may be an indication.???????

http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/gold-price-update-14

I haven't gotten around to reading the latest Melman article in the ICMJ yet but I hope it goes up.

I can't understand at all why it's been down so low. Whenever economies are unstable I thought precious metal prices were supposed to go up. The economy in this country is still in the crapper and there's still tons of people out of work. I don't believe for a second the reports that come from Washington how rosey they say everything is right now.

Is the gold price low? On Jan 3, 2000, the first official price day of the 2Ks, gold stood at US$288.50 per Troy ounce. Been some ups and downs since then but I am happier looking for gold now then I was then, even though a buck is worth a little less now. Anything over $1000 an ounce suits me fine. I am not so sure about over $2000 an ounce because that means a good gold price but probably everything else is doing real, real bad. Be careful what you wish for.

Yeah, unfortunately it is looking a little like things are going as they have before. Whilst inflation is not a concern yet, it is a likely to raise its head as it always has, that will drive the demand for gold as a safe investment. It is not my wish, things were lovely when gold was $250 an ounce. Just a few of us chasing the stuff, not just for its value but for the thrill of the dig, while the thrill is still there, the freedom to access properties that have gold on them is not like it was. Well in my part of the world that is so, you`ve been chasing it just as long Steve, have you lost a lot of that freedom?

Certainly not a wish, just a observation. Gold is currently on $1200 US just over $1700 AU.

I am with Norvic, for me this hobby is all about the thrill of the dig. I care very little what the price of gold is other than I like to see it low so the number of people chasing it stays low. Come retirement time and the need to sell some arises I will likely have a different opinion.

With me it's simple economics. I refuse to go out mining unless the price of gold holds above $35.00.

I remember slucing $35.00 gold with my great uncle. We found a little over 2dwt one day and thought we were doing great. And we were.

I've seen grown men follow a little white ball around a gigantic lawn for some reason.  I just like the way gold looks....I don't care how much it's worth. The fact that it's worth something is an extra bonus. Heck I've spent most of my life chasing stuff that you could not sell. The fact that it's such a challenge to find is the driving force.

strick