First Large Cent With Apex

kac

Awsomeย kac๐Ÿ€,

ย  ย  Nice to be able to clearly see the date! Keep the party going! And maybeย catch up with dog!!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks 1

Nice coin! Been trying to get a good tide on the river myself. Looks like you got a bell clapper there too. Great stuff. ๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks 1

Was wondering what that bronze thing was... if you got a bell that can use it ill pop it in the mail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice draped bust large cent!! Just missed the Liberty capped ones.ย  Flat buttons and early large cents.... your in a good spot.

• Like 2

That's an awesome find Kac. The Apex is doing it's job.

• Thanks 1

Happy to see you're having success with the Apex.ย  I ordered the Super Fly for mine, but probably won't see it for a month.

• Thanks 1

The narrow coil handles the tougher areas very well and not shabby on depth either. Be curious how that Superfly does on it so please let us know. I use the Superfly on my Multi Kruzer and it is really nice though I do swap it out for the stock for wooded areas just because the narrower coils are easier to navigate the obstructions.

• Like 2

Just another 18th Century USA (official) Mint coin.ย  (yawn)ย  :biggrin:ย  Great find in my book, kac!ย  Agree with you and others that pulling one out with easily discernable date must be unusual given the reactive soils these typically 'simmer' in for a couple centuries.ย  You just keep showing up with early USA coins from different sites.ย  Maybe an 1804 dollar next??ย  My old comic book classifieds say they are out there just waiting for you to swing a detector over one.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2

11 hours ago, kac said:

The narrow coil handles the tougher areas very well and not shabby on depth either.ย 

I agree the Ripper goes deep for its size , Garrett could have proposed it as stock coil for the Apex because it is an excellent coil , very light , deep and great in iron trashย 

• Like 1