Charging Question / Concern

cdv

8 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

That’s what I like to see, Cliff with money in hand asking questions 😂.  To go along with that …. 5 years warranty is crazy good …. But if you have issues with that coil where does it go for repairs.   I know there is a guy in MA that can swap a battery but I don’t think he’s their authorized repair shop.  We get a little spoiled with most detector companies having a full service repair shop.  We both clean and try to care for our equipment…. but we put in out time out there.  So what are these connections made of? That antenna is still the item I’m curious about …. Like how’s it work out there, seems to be thin wire and why so much of it?

As a... in the water hunter like you Dew, I'm waiting........ Once A few hundred machines get out there.... with some time passing I think a lot of questions will be answered. These video's of now...... are just a taste of what the Deus ll will encounter. Looks like a very solid hitter. I see one at the beach... I for sure will be grabbing the poor guy and asking to compare. Heck .. You have Cliff.. we will be waiting for that input!

On 1/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Folks, please do at least a minimal amount of research before spouting off and pondering problems where there are not problems.  The XP authorized repair center IS in Massachusetts.

Took me 2 seconds to Google "XP Detector Repair" to get to the following link.

https://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-service-and-repairs

While the exposed charging port connections are something that should be looked after and regularly cleaned/rinsed off after submersion, the principle is basically the same as the flat charge port contacts on the back of the Nox that have not been reported to be problematic for Nox water hunters nor those who presently use Deus 1 in the water.

Regarding the antenna wire length, better to be long than short as it enables you to use the appropriate length consistent with your shaft length extension while enabling it to be securely, snugly coiled around the shaft to keep it from getting snagged under water.  XP used thin wire to maximize physical flexibility of the antenna as the wire is not conducting any current, unlike a coil cable.

My main concern is how does the antenna setup hold up to the pounding encountered while in the surf break.

HTH

It does not give a location to where in the USA.. Is the repair center in Mass a Limited or Full repair center? If Limited, the Deus ll could possibly have to go back to France? If it is a Major repair... 

Now if it is a full repair location, another Plus.

SNAG-0001.jpg

InkedSNAG-0002_LI.jpg

On 1/5/2022 at 12:18 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

It does not give a location to where in the USA.. Is the repair center in Mass a Limited or Full repair center? If Limited, the Deus ll could possibly have to go back to France? If it is a Major repair... 

Now if it is a full repair location, another Plus.

SNAG-0001.jpg

InkedSNAG-0002_LI.jpg

Joe,

You are right, my apologies.  Frankly, not my job to spoon feed this info, though, which was my original point.  I grabbed the wrong link off the XP America's support page.  The one I linked is the detector troubleshooting FAQ and XP factory contact information, the one below which is on the same site, is where you ship your detector for warranty repair in the US and Canada.  It is a "full service" repair/replacement service center.  There typically would be no reason to have it shipped back to France for repair/replacement.  I confirmed this with XP reps.  

Again, my apologies (especially to Dew) on serving up the wrong link and for my grumpy disposition.  Winter weather impacting my detecting ventures is no excuse. :cool:

https://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/warranty

image.thumb.png.a30ae1dd9ba2d71501539ea24d43bdab.png

11 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Joe,

You are right, my apologies.  Frankly, not my job to spoon feed this info, though, which was my original point.  I grabbed the wrong link off the XP America's support page.  The one I linked is the detector troubleshooting FAQ and XP factory contact information, the one below which is on the same site, is where you ship your detector for warranty repair in the US and Canada.  It is a "full service" repair/replacement service center.  There typically would be no reason to have it shipped back to France for repair/replacement.  I confirmed this with XP reps.  

Again, my apologies (especially to Dew) on serving up the wrong link and for my grumpy disposition.  Winter weather impacting my detecting ventures is no excuse. :cool:

https://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/warranty

image.thumb.png.a30ae1dd9ba2d71501539ea24d43bdab.png

Thank You, That was a major concern. And I like that the warranty can be transferred. 5 years is a long time..Wow! In fact almost the icing on the cake. 

• The title was changed to Charging Question / Concern
On 1/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thank You, That was a major concern. And I like that the warranty can be transferred. 5 years is a long time..Wow! In fact almost the icing on the cake. 

For what should simply be standard with any company that wants to back the product. Ending warranty past first owner is a huge cop out.

Frankly I will not own a fully submersible detector once warranty runs out. Yes, I take a hit every few years selling used, and buying new, but its the cheapest insurance you can buy for a waterproof detector. They all can leak, and the more you use them, the higher the odds. Think when, not if. So far I have got complete new replacement White's Surf, Tesoro Stingray, and ATX under warranty, as all three suffered massive leak failure. If out of warranty, I'd have been paying for full repair or new detector.

I've recommended since day one Equinox hunters stay in the three year warranty. Five years with D2 is better yet. Sell used with 6 months remaining warranty to get max value, buy another. And your buyer will not come after you if the unit fails in that 6 months, but send it in for warranty. Win win.

Just to be open, I have seen some people claim issues with Deus coil corrosion or water intrusion to the point of swearing they would never buy another. So it's not unheard of, but certainly nowhere near what we hear about Equinox. But Equinox water hunters far outnumber Deus water hunters, so who knows. It's really hard to get a handle on this stuff going by anecdote without knowing the true numbers.

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

For what should simply be standard with any company that wants to back the product. Ending warranty past first owner is a huge cop out.

Frankly I will not own a fully submersible detector once warranty runs out. Yes, I take a hit every few years selling used, and buying new, but its the cheapest insurance you can buy for a waterproof detector. They all can leak, and the more you use them, the higher the odds. Think when, not if. So far I have got complete new replacement White's Surf, Tesoro Stingray, and ATX under warranty, as all three suffered massive leak failure. If out of warranty, I'd have nee  paying for full repair or new detector.

I've recommended since day one Equinox hunters stay in the three year warranty. Five years with D2 is better yet. Sell used with 6 months remaining warranty to get max value, but another. And your buyer will not come after you if the unit fails in that 6 months, but send it in for warranty. Win win.

Just to be open, I have seen some people claim issues with Deus coil corrosion or water intrusion to the point of swearing they would never buy another. So it's not unheard of, but certainly nowhere near what we hear about Equinox. But Equinox water hunters far outnumber Deus water hunters, so who knows. It's really hard to get a handle on this stuff going by anecdote without knowing the true numbers.

I should be able to fit the Deus ll into that time frame of 5 years of, Do I like it or not. The fact XP made the Deus's transferible tells me they are very confident in this new machine and willing to go the extra years also.

I'm saddened that FT never made the "AQ's warranty transferable. Some may not remember but the old CZ20s had a lifetime warranty, non transfer

Tesoro’s all had lifetime warranties, just as good as those old Fisher warranties are now. New Fisher disavowed all those old warranties. Good for the life of the company, it turns out, not the detector! :laugh:

Lifetime warranties are a bit of a joke though. Warranties protect against factory defects, and are not fix your detector for free forever contracts. It’s hard to claim a detector or anything else has a factory defect if it works for even a few years. At some point it’s just wear and tear, and not covered by warranty.