Yeehaw- My First Old Coin In Alaska

Way to go Eric! You have me beat for an old coin find.

Hay got your text. Sorry I didn't reply if you saw my phone you would understand........ Heading out for a few on vaca but when I get back let's hook up and do some detecting. I'm thinking spring will be early.

Kind of interesting the dirt parking lots have been some of the most productive places to hunt for me.

thanks sjmpainter, you were right about its "not all about the gold", i went to a wood chip park to just practice and could only dig one inch in the frozen ground but  had a blast. i plan on hitting some old schools like steve says, heres the the reverse 

IMG_3706_zpsimckrdkz.jpg

At least you're able to find a "wheatie".  They don't  show up all that often anymore.  Seems I find more in pocket change then detecting.

More silver is next.....

Oops, you said 68 dime..... Silver IS NEXT.

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the coin!

Yours is in decent shape. I remember when they were all that way, but then again I used to pick them out of change all the time. Now it is getting hard to read the dates on Wheaties when I find them, time and fertilizer taking its toll.

Nice work. I remember complaining to myself about not finding any wheats when I first started.. In fact I found an indian head before my first wheat....soon they will start popping out of the ground as fast as you can dig them. Found a 1916 wheat the other day...gave it to the lady that let me detect on her property because it was probably one her dad lost. He died when she was three...The thrill is in the hunt!

strick