It Rang Up 17 In The Sand On The Equinox...

For those who don't dig the 16-17 bottle cap numbers.  It was 17 in the sand and 16 out.  14k, 12.8g and size 16.  I have been trying to de-trash this beach before I hit it with the Impulse.  I like this kind of de-trashing.  

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

1 hour ago, Slimpickuns said:

Noice honker, congrats!!! wet sand or dry?

Slim,

It was just out of the water's edge at low tide.  So, very wet!!!

Nice hunting with a great find for you, what settings were you using on the Nox.

That's a big ring. Congrats. Seems like it should have rang higher.

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunting with a great find for you, what settings were you using on the Nox.

Beach 1, sensitivity 23, iron bias 0, reactivity 2, Black Widows on the headphones.  11 inch coil

1 hour ago, mh9162013 said:

What kind of bottle caps are in the 16-17 range? Mine (screw or crown) are usually in the low to mid 20s.

Or is the salty sand having an effect here?

The salt has them in all stages of decomposing.  I have seen guys with over 100 different bottle cap collections from the beach, and they seem to all have a different alloy.  They will ring up as low as 12 and as high as 23 but will averagely be 16-17.  Crown caps do hit higher but beer/cola bottle caps hit lower and again depending on rust they tend to act like a zinc penny and be all over the scale.  I tend to hunt the same beaches and pretty much try to keep them clean so I dig it all just because I don't like digging it twice.  I am retired so I am not limited with my time on the beach so I don't cherry pick.

24 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

That's a big ring. Congrats. Seems like it should have rang higher.

I dig about 20 gold rings a year and depending on size, shape, purity and white, rose or yellow, they ring up everywhere on the scale.  I have dug them at a 2 and now 17.  I talked to a guy last week who showed me a picture of a 24K ring that he found last year that rang up 30.  Gold and zinc cents has the hardest for me to predict.  So I just dig it all and see what's in the scoop.  I do love a good surprise!