Was Underwater Detecting The Main Intent With Deus 2?

Steve Herschbach

5 hours ago, Loren said:

I am very curious to see what the general consensus ends up being from experienced D1 users on whether D2 Mono is essentially equivalent or better. (or if it's even necessary [other than avoiding emi] because the D2 SMF mode is just superior)

I can't say one word in comparison with D1, cause after a CZ21, and an Excal, 9 years ago I bought a Ctx due to my salty life.To buy again another Excal, a Tdi BH and a D.Pro underwater...

On the D2 I tested, the mono program was my greatest curiosity and partially I can say this: it makes no sense to use mono frequency on the beach, unless You want to try a check for a ground reaction/limit on every single KHz and filters that can be added.

The price is high, losing not only the ID stability but gaining enough noise to prefer multi in few minutes.

On the other hand, there's the raw power hiding below this "special key" useful if You're a lone wolf, without competition around, plenty of time to double/triple check for elusive signals.

Inland, especially in high EMI locations, there's obviously the advantage to find the sweetspot for less noise, but still paying a useless screen factor.

It's a dig it all mode...

My 2 cents.

18 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks for setting me straight, and I apologize for my poor attempt at having a conversation. I did not know you have a Deus 2, certainly was not trying to belittle your expertise, and I’m quite pleased to hear you are impressed with what you have seen so far. :smile:

I was just answering your questions Steve with my opinion from my own experience, 

The D2 is working very well on UK soil.

No description available.

Great post Steve. That's what's I'm starting to see. I don't see the point in getting a D2 for my fresh water lakes. I'll be using my Orx in the water with the 9" hf coil that also get great depth on gold jewelry. I might pick up the elliptical coil too.

I am keeping an eye on everything coming out but right now I'm going to use what I have.

I'm looking forward to the ergonomics the most when on the beach. 20 Years of detecting, physical training and teaching people how to hit a golf ball have practically destroyed my elbows. Currently I'm only able to stay out 1 1/2-2 hours dragging a scoop and swinging the detector so hopefully I can double that here soon. The other thing is I love new tech and the experience of mastering another machine. We have one of the best niche hobbies in that we can use the crap out of a detector and then resell it in a couple of years for a decent amount and get something new. 

I was at the beach this morning in Ventura at 7am and it was already 83 degrees. I feel for all the folks still dealing with ice and snow. I'm blessed to be able to water hunt year round. 

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am starting to think the main goal with D2 was saltwater.

If it is being sold as a dive/saltwater beach machine seems it would be covered under the Warranty if it should leak.... With several years of repair of water machines I can tell you 100% ........ if saltwater gets into "any electronics" there will be corrosion. 

If I am reading that correct.. non-transferrable warranty..?

InkedInked33454_LI.jpg

I think the first is about warranty starting at date of first purchase, nothing to do with who owns it. As far as them not covering machines if they leak, they could get into really deep waters themselves over Implied Warranty of Merchantability. Whatever, I'm not trying to sell anyone a Deus. I'll let the lawyers here answer that stuff.

30 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I think the first is about warranty starting at date of first purchase, nothing to do with who owns it. As far as them not covering machines if they leak, they could get into really deep waters themselves over Implied Warranty of Merchantability. Whatever, I'm not trying to sell anyone a Deus. I'll let the lawyers here answer that stuff.

Tnnss is going to help on those I posted. He will be suggesting to Xp to adjust the warranty page, for the D1 and D2 warranties are copies of each other, identical. And I could see the water ingression issue applying to the D1

I think the most obvious strong points of the Deus 2 at the moment are beach and diving. I know they had been working on a beach machine for quite some time at least 4 years maybe more. That's for sure a hole they needed to fill. Looks like they have successfully done that. Anything else the Deus 2 can do well is just icing on the cake.

Or you could just e mail them or call them and ask them directly?? Would be interesting to hear if they reply to you and what they would say. I agree, the language is broad for a reason. If you don't trash your machine and it leaks by just using it normally, then I'm betting they would cover it.

If it’s just a copy and paste of Deus 1 warranty, far more likely just an oversight that will be corrected. I’ve said it before, will say it again. A warranty is only as good as the company behind it. There is zero evidence XP is not an honorable company, and personally I have no concerns over them backing their product.