Finally got out this morning for a long over due hunt. I meant to go for just a couple hours to an old town site that I and others before me have hounded for decades. I figured I'd use the Deus with the hi frequency coil in deep mode x/y graph and dig everything non ferrous hoping for a small gold coin...there are still plenty of non ferrous targets in the ground however high conductors are very very rare at this place. So off I went up on a hillside that I have found some good stuff in the past with the Deus and started banging away. The sun was up and warm at 8:30 am and the the cows were already looking for shade. Head stamps,  small bullets, bullet casings etc I dug one after the other but I kept on digging...after about an hour and a half with sweat in my eyes I said to myself what the hell am I doing here? I got stuff I should be doing at home rather then screwing off digging junk. 

Since it was too early to just give up I decided I'd put the 11" coil on the Nox and go for a long walk in a big field. I've made several attempts in this field in the past...it's off the old town site but close enough to investigate. I was looking forward to some quiet detecting out of the iron hoping for a needle in a hay stack find. About 2/3 into the field and after a few more head stamps I get a real nice 24-25 on the Nox loud and clear. Probably a small buckle I'm thinking with my defeatist attitude.. then what do you know out pops a small silver disk from about 6 inches...carefully I rub the dirt off saying to my self "please be a seated...please" and bingo it was! Now I can go home I figured but greed sets in and I start circling the spot like a buzzard over a fresh kill. After a while nothing more so I keep on going  further toward the end of the field...an hour or so later I'm making my way back and start gravitating toward the area where I found the seated dime...Again I get a nice clear high conductor this time a 22 on the nox...this could be a bullet casing I'm thinking but it sounds smaller then that..I got to work for this one because it's deep...trying to be careful using my Lesche I dig around it and once again out pops a small silver disk! Good lord another seated dime!  Time for a break and light a small cigar in celebration. Looking around I see my first dig hole from the first seated about 10 yards away...I guess some old timer had a hole in his pocket and lost both coins.. Tired and happy as it's not every day you get two seated coins. The first one was an 1868 San Francisco stamped and the second one was an 1870 with no mint mark. Heres a few pics including the junk...I dug the fork early on and it seemed to be giving me the finger as if to say go home idiot this place is hunted out...but they never really are  I guess.

HH  strick 

thumbnail (14).jpeg

thumbnail (12).jpeg

thumbnail (13).jpeg

thumbnail (18).jpeg

thumbnail (16).jpeg

thumbnail (17).jpeg

Good stuff! 👍 Glad to see I'm not the only one digging so many shotgun shells. You earned those great coins. 🙂 At least you didn't get totally forked... 😎 

Nice pics too. Always good to see the type of land.

Very nice. Pretty place to hunt too.

Nice hunt, glad to see the Nox hit the good stuff.

Well done on the dimes.

Good luck on your next hunt as I think that you will be going back to that field again.

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one digging so many shotgun shells.

The Nox loves them as does the Deus...with the Nox I am able to pass up some as they will have jumpy numbers but once in a while one will read a solid 13-14 so I'll dig those...It's amazing how many head stamps you can dig and never find a good target 🙂 

strick