Dilek Addressing Iffy Signal’s Legend Vs. Equinox Video

Wow, I go visit my mom for a couple days, and this thread blows up. Frankly, I’m embarrassed. I like and respect Dilek, and consider her a friend. I will say that I don’t think addressing certain critics directly is working out very well. Address the reasonable people, ignore the rest. Nor do I like the mentions of other brands in NM marketing info. I’m old fashioned and find that approach unseemly; I prefer companies just tell us about their own products, and not mention the others. This applies to any company that does it, not just NM. But that’s just me, and my feedback on that subject.

That said, anyone that wants to heckle or dog Dilek on this forum can just take a hike. I’ve cleaned the mess up as best I can, and have reopened the thread. What is left better represents what this forum is about. Which is having respect for each other, regardless of views or opinions on detectors.

I must point out that nearly all metal detectors ever produced have no such control as an iron bias control. This includes many of the best metal detectors ever made. The idea it is a necessity flies in the face of that obvious fact. I do very much doubt the vast majority of Equinox users ever adjust the control. Is it a control I prefer to have? Yes. But my preference is just that, as it is for any one of you. So state your preferences, but frankly that only takes a post or two, not endless back and forth, trying to prove your preference is the correct one, and others wrong.

In the end NM did what they normally do and added the feature. Good for them, and proves once again that given the opportunity, Nokta/Makro is the most responsive company in the industry.

I apologize Dilek, for some of what went down on this thread. I’ll always value you, and your presence on the forum. Thank you.

• The topic was unlocked