Anyone Using Deus 2 Aftermarket Charging Clamp For Coil?

I've got the Doodads clip too. Overall I really dislike the charging system for this detector.20221024_083416.thumb.jpg.ee0bb08266f26275d44ee2fec613888a.jpg

Having the voltage indicator is great, I know now if it's not sitting at 5.15 (your voltage may vary) something didn't charge. Pressing this clip onto the contacts is almost as bad as the butterfly if you haven't removed the cover and cleaned it out.

I've been considering doing some "rural engineering" on the butterfly clip to permanently affix it but then I'd miss the voltage display. 😵

I don't like having to retract the shaft every time because the cables don't reach with the detector fully extended, and I really dislike the screw in port on the remote, as it's a constant wear point. Most times I look to see if it will charge just inserted. I also find I forget to put the black plastic plug back sometimes, and get dirt or sand in it. 🤬 I may Dremel the darn screw off the cable.

Just my 5 cents adjusted for inflation.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

... and I really dislike the screw in port on the remote...

Same for me , I disliked this screw when I tested the D2 with its RC in March . Now I use a WS6 MASTER version without RC . I prefer the WS6 headphones which are easier to connect for charging  ... Simpler is often better ... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, palzynski said:

Now I use a WS6 MASTER version without RC

I'm considering that. Ordered the Quest headphones that the module snaps into, but then I won't be able to see the id without the remote. Guess I'd have to get one of their cheaper sets of headphones. 🤔

• Like 2

I have been using Deus/Orx detectors since 2017. In that time I have broken two of the butterfly clips and I am not heavy handed. I have never broken an Equinox coil ear and no other Deus/ORX part for that matter. A drill, short bolts, nuts and short spring got both back into working condition but……..give me a break. 

Someone on this thread suggested sanding down the coil cover area where the clip connects. I also strongly suggest doing that if you have to really work hard to get the ends of the butterfly clip or the Detector Doodad after market clip over the top edge of the coil cover. It makes it a lot easier and less stressful and it doesn’t hurt the coil cover’s integrity.

If you don’t use the coil cover, putting on the butterfly clip is super easy.

So, it isn’t “first grade stuff “ depending on how much the coil cover bulges in the area where the clip attaches due to the way the cover fits and/or the amount of dirt and debris inside the coil cover.

• Like 2

Good points, Jeff. I had a hard time with the charge clip when I first got the D2 and immediately ordered the Doodads one. I never thought about the coil cover being the issue, but the Doodads one just slides on and makes good contact so I haven't had to worry about that.

• Like 2