Good looking finds! Keep at it!

I hope you do well in Savanna too! They have been bringing cannons up from the river bottom! Also keep you eyes peeled for old bottles, and fossils, if you get to hunt the river edges!👍👍

13 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Good looking finds! Keep at it!

I hope you do well in Savanna too! They have been bringing cannons up from the river bottom! Also keep you eyes peeled for old bottles, and fossils, if you get to hunt the river edges!👍👍

Thanks Joe. Got one gold ring for my wife there last year, hoping to do good this year. The ring was small but 18k. 🙂 Best "1" I've dug. 😀

Nice work as usual...really liking that ring... good on you for offering it to the LO. I usually give the wife first right of refusal on all women’s rings...as she’s very supportive of my addictions...please keep at it as it makes good entertainment for those of us that still have to work 😛

strick 

31 minutes ago, strick said:

Nice work as usual...really liking that ring... good on you for offering it to the LO. I usually give the wife first right of refusal on all women’s rings...as she’s very supportive of my addictions...please keep at it as it makes good entertainment for those of us that still have to work 😛

strick 

Haha, yeah it's good relations to give back the sentimental and otherwise personal stuff you find on a permission. For sure it leads to more!

I already gave this landowner one small box with stuff from his family's Civil War history. I put some of the finds in a 3x5" Riker case. It doesn't pain me much to part even with some of the good ones.

One of the other big landowners doesn't really care what I find, as long as we can have discussions about the history of the land he owns. He knows everything!

I could not have thought of a more interesting thing to do when I retired. 👍 

15 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Congrats on the old ring!   Those old sterling marked rings always seem to have a nicer patina than the newer 925 marked ones. 

Thanks. I never expect to find rings where I hunt, but I've dug two in this place. The other was a 20s "puzzle" ring.

Got 4 silver coins in this spot, it's not very big, and about 40 feet away the finds where much newer clad. It's not too near the house either. I'm wondering what happened there.

Yer killin' me over here! 😉 Another great day at that place , the ground keeps giving and giving. I love the way you're getting it "mapped" regarding what you've found already !

Giving some of that treasure back to those permissions makes them want to multiply doesn't it ?      I think you're gonna never run out of those neighborhood sites .

Terrible situation ! 

Hit those fields ,I think planting comes early this year.......

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Yer killin' me over here! 😉 Another great day at that place , the ground keeps giving and giving. I love the way you're getting it "mapped" regarding what you've found already !

Giving some of that treasure back to those permissions makes them want to multiply doesn't it ?      I think you're gonna never run out of those neighborhood sites .

Terrible situation ! 

Hit those fields ,I think planting comes early this year.......

Thanks RVP. Hope you can get out there! 🙂 I think it helps to give back (some) for sure. 👍 I'm getting better at this thanks to y'all.

They were out spraying the fields in front of my house yesterday. Gotta wait for the wheat and then the beans, and then hopefully they'll turbo till the beans. This fall will be a return to familiar, and using the golf cart again, it saves gas. 😁