Silver Can Be Distracting!

• The title was changed to Silver Can Be Distracting!

Thanks Tom!  Some of the photos of building remains are from Planet Mining District, La Paz Co. AZ.  Some of the photos are of mine shafts etc on the North side of the Crossman Peak area, East of Lake Havasu City, AZ.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great pictures and great hunting also.

I wish you more luck on your next hunt.

• Like 3

That's very generous of you to share the locations. Is that because you have no competition or you just don't plan on ever going back?

I've never been beyond the east coast but deserts have always fascinated me. I would love to hunt those places. I've watched so many westerns, I can imagine hundreds of scenarios of how people might lose stuff in the desert.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

That's very generous of you to share the locations. Is that because you have no competition or you just don't plan on ever going back?

I've never been beyond the east coast but deserts have always fascinated me. I would love to hunt those places. I've watched so many westerns, I can imagine hundreds of scenarios of how people might lose stuff in the desert.

Thanks, but I don't consider it to be generous at all.  The incredibly stark natural beauty of the deserts of the West and Southwest are vast and indeed fascinating. There are endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.

I camped, explored and detected for a month and didn't see anyone else detecting. A few ATV riders only.   I definitely plan to return and try to concentrate harder on finding gold. The scenery makes it difficult sometimes though. Lol!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Great pics!   Coins probably don’t sink much in the desert do they?   

Thank you! It varies  based on location. The wind can cover and uncover anything that gets buried.

• Thanks 1