White's MX Sport - Sweet Home, We Have A Problem

19 hours ago, RickP said:

tboykin.. I've been planning on buying an mx sport since I first heard about it, decided to hold off until some of these bugs were worked out ( which I knew it wouldn't take long) but how can I know before I order one if I am getting an updated one ??

also... I heard rumor of a package deal with detector, two coils, detector carry bag... Etc..  Has that been released yet ?

Herschbach has the details for the "Sport Pack" in his post above mine. Everything that's rolled off the line since 3-24 has the update. So you should be good to go. If you want to be double sure check the serial # - first 4 digits should be over 6087 with updated firmware. Hope this helps.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/4/2016 at 3:56 PM, Ridge Runner said:

White's received my MX Sport today. What I'd like to know is does anyone know the turn around time on getting it fix and back ? I know distance could be a factor but give a day are two one way are another.

Chuck

I sent mine in on march 26 no word yet, hope it want be to much longer, Im in Va so shipping to and from does take time 

Potomac run

Well I hope you hear soon from White's. Did you track it so you knew they got it.? I'm wanting to hear more from people that sent their MXS  in. The part I'd like to hear about what it was before and now after it comes back. 

I do hope all of us will be happy with the new program. Like said before I want this detector as a coin detector only. I've got others that will do other jobs for me I may need. Just let it be just as good as my eagle 11 if not better than it has for a number of years.

Chuck 

Our factory has been cranking. Usually the parking lot empties out by 3:30. I leave at 4:30 and it's still been full most days. But they're building new machines there, don't think they're flashing the firmware on the line. I think the updates are happening in repairs. I've been checking in with Todd every day and he says they're keeping on top of things. So chin up!

The main reason for 2 week turnaround is shipping times I think. East Coast to West Coast takes a while in a round trip.

Auminesweeper

My MX Sport was drop ship from White's on 3-14 and before it got out of town good the UPS truck was in a wreck. Because of that I didn't receive it until 3-22 evening.

Well after hearing what was said here and my own air testing I box it up. I sent it off with UPS on 3-28 that morning. The trouble was White's didn't get it until 4-4 a Monday. Now with a turn around time of two weeks  and I'm not sure if that's repair and ship are just repair time. At this time I've had it in my hands for a full 5 days.

I just wonder how many on here did send their MXS in ? Just how many was happy like it is and didn't return it ?

Chuck

5 minutes ago, tboykin said:

Our factory has been cranking. Usually the parking lot empties out by 3:30. I leave at 4:30 and it's still been full most days. But they're building new machines there, don't think they're flashing the firmware on the line. I think the updates are happening in repairs. I've been checking in with Todd every day and he says they're keeping on top of things. So chin up!

The main reason for 2 week turnaround is shipping times I think. East Coast to West Coast takes a while in a round trip.

I wonder if this is true since I live in Oregon and it takes one day to ship to White's.  My detector has been there two weeks tomorrow.  Hopefully it returns soon, but I'm a bit worried because looking at White's repair status, my detector isn't even listed there.  White's has always come through for me, but I guess I'm worried a bit. 

Tboykin

I'd say if we get our Toy back in a total of two weeks are near that is great.

Tboykin I just want you to know I'm sleeping alone until I get my MX Sport back.Haha

Thanks a lot and very glad to have you here.

Chuck

Glad to be here. The only way a company can succeed is by listening to their customers. That's the idea that White's was founded on and I'll do my best to uphold that legacy in the digital realm.

I love this job - honestly, that's all the thanks I need.