A Dose Of Reality From A (non- Nokta Makro) Legend

YouTube is like anything else. You learn who to pay attention to and who not to based on their track record of accuracy and the similarity of their conditions to our own. The problem I see with the old school types is they take everyone too seriously and swing at every pitch. Some people on YouTube matter more than others and that’s a reality. One guy or girl can say the product is crap and have a huge influence over their subscriber’s purchase decision. Those are the ones you have to pay attention to as a seller. There are unfortunately many who are both popular and misguided and that can spell disaster for a product as well. One guy growing in popularity seems to be just repeating lingo he’s learned online like “hot soil” (0-2 bar soil is “hot?”) and creating rather strange test scenarios that don’t seem to be showing what he thinks he’s showing. It’s an interesting test in psychology to see all the head nodding he gets nonetheless. 

That being said, a fairly intelligent person will learn who to pay attention to and who not to. I’ve learned a lot from some of the people on YouTube, and some of them consistently conduct testing that is always confirmed by the product I choose to buy. The best products I have tend to do the best in properly conducted tests. 

• Like 2

This video is a prime example of why I don't watch videos much anymore, and why something a person in a video is saying about a detector can be completely wrong for me in my conditions for the purposes I use detectors.  My opinion couldn't be more opposite to this guy, so much so this video was painful to watch, especially the last opinion part of it.

He had 1000 hours on it and never found a silver coin with it.... must be the machines fault right?  This is an old photo with not even 1/2 of the silvers I've found with mine.  I find it more than capable of finding silvers in my area.  As I said before, reviews are only good if you're in the same area as the person, he may well be right its no good in his area, he claims EMI makes it out of control, so perhaps that's part of the problem so he'd have to use single frequency, I'm not troubled at all by EMI with it in my area.  

silvers.jpg.e12e5f301a3de821caefe3813b3cb71a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

GB_Amateur, thanks for the kind words. I think this may be the post you were referring to. At least it received a lot of views....

https://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/is-it-the-detector-or-is-it-you/

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Dick Stout said:

GB_Amateur, thanks for the kind words. I think this may be the post you were referring to. At least it received a lot of views....

https://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/is-it-the-detector-or-is-it-you/

Wise words.

16 hours ago, Dick Stout said:

I think this may be the post you were referring to. At least it received a lot of views....

Actually I was referring to a post you made here, but that one on your site (linked above) hits the same high points, and is a bit more cleverly written on top of it.  😏  Apparently when you're here you are on your best behavior.  At your own site it's like sitting on your livingroom couch (with a glass of wine in one hand in your case).  "I'm gonna say exactly what I want to express and if you can't handle it, you know where the door is."  😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, phrunt said:

This video is a prime example of why I don't watch videos much anymore, and why something a person in a video is saying about a detector can be completely wrong for me in my conditions for the purposes I use detectors.  My opinion couldn't be more opposite to this guy, so much so this video was painful to watch, especially the last opinion part of it.

He had 1000 hours on it and never found a silver coin with it.... must be the machines fault right?  This is an old photo with not even 1/2 of the silvers I've found with mine.  I find it more than capable of finding silvers in my area.  As I said before, reviews are only good if you're in the same area as the person, he may well be right its no good in his area, he claims EMI makes it out of control, so perhaps that's part of the problem so he'd have to use single frequency, I'm not troubled at all by EMI with it in my area.  

silvers.jpg.e12e5f301a3de821caefe3813b3cb71a.jpg

Yes, speaking of the devil lol. BTW, full gain and no noise cancel. It’s no wonder is it…