Just Got Deus 2 And Found This Buckle

5 hours ago, Naildiggerpro said:

It was a few feet from the cellar hole and it was surrounded by tons of iron there was at least 4 or 5 square nails above it it was about 7 inches deep ,I guess that’s why other detector didn’t get it. I was using sensitive full tones 

I got a regular buckle the other about 2 inches in size in a spot that I have taken others to and it's been hammered every inch of it over and over... with every modern machine and the deus 2 was able to ID the buckle accurately (90's) whilst sounding off on the nails. when I dug out the 9 inch deep target there were nails above it...just like you experienced.  Relic hunting around old home sites/towns etc is a lot different than coin shooting over nicely manicured lawns at parks and ball fields...what program were you using? 

strick

Hi Strick , I was using stock program sensitive full tones, I almost didn’t keep digging because I thought it was the nails and thought maybe it was falsing  on them but I swung the coil over the hole again and it was screaming then I dug deeper and pulled that buckle out. 

There is a pattern forming whereby people are finding seemingly simple targets that had been missed with their previous detectors due to masking from a lot of iron about, so the Deus 2 is showing its strong point in the field rather than just in some guys backyard test.    It's benefits are becoming a reality.

19 hours ago, phrunt said:

There is a pattern forming whereby people are finding seemingly simple targets that had been missed with their previous detectors due to masking from a lot of iron about, so the Deus 2 is showing its strong point in the field rather than just in some guys backyard test.    It's benefits are becoming a reality.

You make a good point Phrunt.  I have had my D2 for about 2 weeks now and have been able to find several coins in my back yard (built in early 1900's) that have been missed.  Now, keep in mind that I'm relatively new to MD'ing and the most advanced detector I've used prior to the D2 was my Simplex, which I enjoy using.  But within the first 10 minutes of trying the D2 in my backyard, I found a silver dime, co-located with an iron nail, that was missed.  Of course, that could very easily have been user error on my part with the Simplex, but on the D2, it just stood out as a dig me signal. 

I also took it to a local ball park that is only about 10 years old and in the span of about 3 hours, I found 45 pennies, 19 quarters, 10 dimes and 4 nickels.  I don't believe its ever been hunted so it was like fish in a barrel but I wanted to use it as a way to see how the XY screen worked for coins as well as get some good ID's on these coins.  Its been fantastic and for never having used anything more advanced than a Simplex, let alone a Deus,  I really enjoy using it although I still don't fully understand what all the adjustments do.  I have a mid 1800's house foundation that is full of old iron that I want to try but its probably going to kick my butt, as I don't fully understand how to set it up to filter out the iron and look for coins and such, but I'm going to give it a try.

I also have a Legend that I'm itching to play with for an extended time, but I keep finding myself reaching for the D2 when I go out, although I'm sure the Legend is completely capable, the TID limit of 60 is messing with me as even the SImplex goes to 99.  

Anyway, that's my take on the D2, at least from a Noobs perspective.          

A noobs perspective is important, as a majority of people who will buy detectors are new to detecting or at least not heavy duty detectorists, if it works well in a noobs hands thats a very good start, it shouldn't be complicated to use a detector, the best detector for the general public is one thats easy to use.

6 hours ago, MFF18B said:

...  I have a mid 1800's house foundation that is full of old iron that I want to try but its probably going to kick my butt, as I don't fully understand how to set it up to filter out the iron and look for coins and such, but I'm going to give it a try.  ...

You dont need to set anything on the D2 in the irons , even the nr1 GENERAL factory mode works very well in the iron trash this without any change . This is the strength of the XPs ( Deus1 or 2 ) , the machines do the iron filtering very well and you just need to focus on the ( good) targets signals ... 

Especially with the SENSITIVE mode that you have used and which is for me the best D2 mode in the iron trash

Palzynski/Phrunt.  

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

A noobs perspective is important, as a majority of people who will buy detectors are new to detecting or at least not heavy duty detectorists, if it works well in a noobs hands thats a very good start, it shouldn't be complicated to use a detector, the best detector for the general public is one thats easy to use.

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

You dont need to set anything on the D2 in the irons , even the nr1 GENERAL factory mode works very well in the iron trash this without any change . This is the strength of the XPs ( Deus1 or 2 ) , the machines do the iron filtering very well and you just need to focus on the ( good) targets signals ... 

Especially with the SENSITIVE mode that you have used and which is for me the best D2 mode in the iron trash

Appreciate the feedback.  I got the Legend and the D2 at the same time and figured I would unload the one I didn’t sync with, and honestly I was initially quite concerned about  the D2 because many of the posts I’ve read speak about how advanced it is and how it wouldn’t be a good “starter” machine for someone new to MF.  Turns out, it seems to click with me. Actually, the navigation on the remote is more intuitive to me than the Legend. So, now I have an issue, which is whether to sell my Simplex or keep it because I’m keeping both my new machines.  Lol, I guess there could be worse problems to deal with. 

Legend covers all the simplex bases except accessory coil choices (for the moment), suggest selling the Simplex if you need to get rid of one, and the Legend will eventually get the accessory coils needed for those special situations.  Legend and D2  (similar to Equinox and D2) make a formidable, complimentary pair of detectors that should cover most of the situations any detectorist might encounter. IMO.

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Legend covers all the simplex bases except accessory coil choices (for the moment), suggest selling the Simplex if you need to get rid of one, and the Legend will eventually get the accessory coils needed for those special situations.  Legend and D2  (similar to Equinox and D2) make a formidable, complimentary pair of detectors that should cover most of the situations any detectorist might encounter. IMO.

Thats good to hear that the two compliment each other.  Thats what I hoped for but really wasn’t sure about.  I may end up getting rid of the Simplex or I may just give it to my gf who seems to enjoy going out with me on occasion.  Thanks for adding to the discussion.