XP Deus II Anomaly

Bob38

4 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Where does XP announce updates? Is there a customer registration I've overlooked? Or is it grapevine only?

Just watch here, somebody probably goes there every day 😀

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Where does XP announce updates? Is there a customer registration I've overlooked? Or is it grapevine only?

I signed up for XP emails on their website and I got an email announcing the 0.7 update, but I didn't get one for the 7.1 update yet. I found out about 0.71 here today.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 67GTA said:

I will wait and test the first 7 version out this weekend before I update. I tried last night with bigger pieces of iron. It wasn't seeing the dime which means it was being masked. I can only get this to work with smaller nails, which is still magic to me. I told the wife last night that I needed to buy a 2nd D2 so I could keep one on this version. She didn't throw anything at my head which is good.

Yep, the "magic" disappears with ver 0.71. 😑

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went to one of my worst sites this afternoon. Mid 1800's square nails by the thousands. The "magic" programs have trouble identifying iron compared to the stock programs. A lot of the square nails sound like good targets. It would seem the "magic" is just wishful thinking in my soil. It might benefit you if the targets are very shallow with no rust halos.

5 hours ago, 67GTA said:

Went to one of my worst sites this afternoon. Mid 1800's square nails by the thousands. The "magic" programs have trouble identifying iron compared to the stock programs. A lot of the square nails sound like good targets. It would seem the "magic" is just wishful thinking in my soil. It might benefit you if the targets are very shallow with no rust halos.

No the magic was an illusion, glad I updated to 0.71, much less ferrous falsing which was supposed to be the point of 0.7 in the first place.  It was a disc bug as sly had indicated and 0.71 fixed that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1