Got It All Update

I went back out this morning and changed up my settings some.  I added some low smoothing and switched from Normal to General, maxed out Sens.  The heavier nugget was in the side of the wash.  I missed it yesterday because the coil needed to be turned on its edge to shoot sideways not up and down.  I could never have done that with the GPX series because of nearby powerlines and military jet traffic.  That kind of EMI would have overloaded the audio on GPX.  The second biggest nugget I didn't miss yesterday, I just chose not to dig it like a idiot.  It was up in the roots of a bush covered in blow out gravel from a shallow waterfall. I heard it clearly yesterday but thought it was trash from the blow out and hung up in the bush.  Naturally that was before I had found the bigger gold so I was still in prospect mode and not in dig it all mode.  I've only been doing this for 20 yrs, one of these days I'll learn to be a little more proficient.  

sugarloaf 093.jpg

18 minutes ago, Condor said:

I've only been doing this for 20 yrs, one of these days I'll learn to be a little more proficient.  

Looks like you are plenty proficient enough to go back and find gold you missed previously.  You were just saving it for another day but didn't realize it at the time. 

Thanks for the detailed descriptions...makes us arm chair prospectors feel like we are actually there.

strick

Excellent job Steve.  I'd like to be hunting down there again.  

You helped change my mind about Yuma forever.

Mitchel

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Excellent job Steve.  I'd like to be hunting down there again.  

You helped change my mind about Yuma forever.

Mitchel

Hey Mitchel,

This area is about 5 miles as the crow flies from where we were detecting last time you were here.  Easy drive with your rig, approaching from the Gila Valley/Mittry Lake road.  Probably have to wait till winter though, too friggin hot, even for me.