First Nox 900 Gold *updated*

I took the 900 to a freshwater beach I enjoy hunting.  In 2019 I found 18 rings there. I didn't get to hunt it in 2020 or 2021 but drove up there today to give it a spin.  Usually they will let the water down a little bit in the winter.  To my surprise, there wasn't any water at all.  I'm 40 years old and I can never remember them draining the entire lake.  For years now, I have been the only person I know of that has been detecting there.  Today as I pulled in, I could see 4 other people already detecting it.  I have no idea how long it has been drained but there was evidence of non fresh dig holes so I am guessing it has been down a month or so.  By the time I left, there were 6 people swinging metal detectors.  For this place I opted for the CoilTek 5x10 coil instead of the stock 11 inch.  Had I known the water was drained I would have probably kept the 11 on but I was thinking of getting a coil in tight, to the things the swimmers Usually congregate around.  I played with Park 1 and 2 and also Beach mode.  I had to drop the sensitivity to 16 to keep it from falsing on the hot dirt.  I ended up with 2 rings and the trash things on the plate. One of the rings was a 10k promise ring with a little diamond.  I did talk to the other detectorists but they said they hadn't found anything.  I have no way of knowing for sure...that's usually what I tell people even if I have a pouch full of goodies. They could have found a dozen rings for all I know.  I am happy with mine and glad to get 2023 started with gold.  

20230101_140933.jpg

20230101_154005.jpg

20230101_140930.jpg

20230101_225439.jpg

Glad that you recovered the rings, and wish you more luck in this new year.

Nice gold ring. It looks like the 900 was running good. Why would anybody drain a lake?

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice gold ring. It looks like the 900 was running good. Why would anybody drain a lake?

I asked about it on one of the pages I go to for the area and they said it was for repair to the dam and removal of fish species they didn't want in the lake.  

Side note...the ID on the gold ring was 10.  All of the foil on top was single digit IDs mostly 1 to 2 on the ID.  I plan on going back with the Deus 2 just to rehunt the same area and see if anything comes up...just for curiosity sake.

Nice

Congratulations on the ring. The 5x10 coil is my favorite Nox coil, usually have it on for most of my hunts unless I'm in an open field.

• The title was changed to First Nox 900 Gold *updated*

Here's the update.  I hope Steve doesn't mind this.  

I went back to this beach/lake today but I brought the Deus 2 with me instead.  I just wanted to see if I had left something behind from my Nox hunt.  I hunted in Sensitive FT mode and didn't adjust anything other than volume. The wind was blowing 30 mph and was loud. Anyway, I balanced the machine and started right where I had been the other day. Literally my first signal was a ring. I couldn't believe it.  Had to be a fluke. Except it wasn't.  I have hunted this beach a lot and always have trouble with falsing from the ground and iron in the ground too.  The Nox wasn't immune to that as noted, I had to run the sensitivity down quite a bit.  All I had to do with the D2 was ground balance it.  I've never ran a machine as stable as it was...totally blown away and that first ring wasn't a fluke.  Stuff just kept coming up loud and clear.  I ended up with 4 ear rings, 2 necklace charms, 2 rings, and I couldn't tell you how many nickels and coins.  This was literally the same ground I hunted this weekend.  I got caught in a torrential rain storm and got soaked from head to toe. My finds bag is a glob of mud and sand with all the finds in the bottom...I've not sorted everything yet.  I think I found my freshwater beach machine....now to try and figure out WHY that much stuff was missed by me.  Nothing was deep...the deepest was one of the rings and it was just approx 4 inches. I think the signals just got lost in the ground noise and or masked.  

Impressive! I'm getting a Deus 2 for my freshwater beaches and lakes. I want to see photos of all the stuff you found!

20 minutes ago, Daniel Tn said:

I think I found my freshwater beach machine....now to try and figure out WHY that much stuff was missed by me. 

Were there any rains since you been there with the Equinox? Also, what were your settings on the Equinox? Especially IB, Recovery and Ground Balance type.