M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

5 minutes ago, Yatahaze323 said:

I don't think Cabela's is gonna sell any extra coils for the manticore.  Just search minelab on their site it just brings up detectors and no individual coils.

Yea, you're probably right. The dealers will be happy about that.

17 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Kind of weird that Minelab has not given U.S. dealers any pricing yet. You would think if they were going to be available in the near future they would do at least that.

Maybe like before when the Manticore was not yet available, they’re trying to build suspenseful anticipation, while at the same time losing customers, this time. “IffySignals” received an 8” tester, so they have the coil setup finalized by now. Now, for me, it depends on pricing as whether to keep or sell.

They're too busy releasing new products like the Pro-Find 40 to flood the market with new things to buy to worry about coils that they appear to have some sort of distain towards, it must be their strategy at the moment, release as many new products as they can to overwhelm the market.  I think they would sell a lot more Manty coils than they would Pro-Finds.    I'm hanging about waiting for the brave soul that buys a Pro-Find to do a review on it from someone that isn't associated with Minelab as I'm hoping it's good, I just don't think it will be.

They've become very complacent with their success, but you can only ride that wave for so long unless you continue to meet expectations and right now, they're not really achieving that.

It could of course be the coils just are not ready, the ones out in the field at the moment in the M8 size don't appear to be where they need to be, up averaging quite badly on targets.  It's better they take a bit longer and release a good product as lately they've rushed stuff to market and released a few lemons.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

They're too busy releasing new products like the Pro-Find 40 to flood the market with new things to buy to worry about coils that they appear to have some sort of distain towards

I'd like to tell them where they could put their new pin pointer...gimmme my ---- ---- small coil! ----

strick

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, strick said:

I'd like to tell them where they could put their new pin pointer...gimmme my ---- ---- small coil! ----

strick

This ⬆️

Im glad it’s not just me feeling this way…..and I haven’t even bought a new Minelab product in many years so I probably shouldn’t complain…..but the Manticore is kind of on the radar.

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's better they take a bit longer and release a good product as lately they've rushed stuff to market and released a few lemons.

100% correct. Competition in any market is apparently a good thing but if companies are constantly looking over their shoulders at the competition and rushing products out the door then we all know how that ends 🤬

It’s all about the cash flow I guess and countering a rivals product.

2 minutes ago, Sumrtym said:

Before I'd commit to an 8" coil, I'd like to be sure we won't see a 6" within the next couple years (which would be my preference).

I'm guessing we won't see a 6" at all unless Coiltek make it, Minelab have a habit of releasing 3 coils at introduction or shortly 🤣 after release, then nothing else in the life of the detector. Even Coiltek are likely to just release their same old sizes with the 10x5" 14x9" and 15" round, cheaper for them to do that, a mistake of course, but often it comes down to $$$$, although by doing that they're missing out on a lot of dollars they could get by making more in demand coil sizes, and less weigh than their current 14x9" and 15".  They should learn off Detech with the 13" Ultimate coil, so light.   People would be all over it if it came out for the Manticore or Nox.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2023 at 12:31 AM, phrunt said:

I'm guessing we won't see a 6" at all unless Coiltek make it, Minelab have a habit of releasing 3 coils at introduction or shortly 🤣 after release, then nothing else in the life of the detector. Even Coiltek are likely to just release their same old sizes with the 10x5" 14x9" and 15" round, cheaper for them to do that, a mistake of course, but often it comes down to $$$$, although by doing that they're missing out on a lot of dollars they could get by making more in demand coil sizes, and less weigh than their current 14x9" and 15".  They should learn off Detech with the 13" Ultimate coil, so light.   People would be all over it if it came out for the Manticore or Nox.

The Detech 13 inch Ultimate is on all my machines but one. It didn't pin point for me very well but it didn't miss much.

• Like 1