M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I like the take a list and contact you when they're in stock style in order of list position.  No money down needed as the queue should be ample to cater for anyone that pulls out with the limited stock they seem to supply.  That's how they do it here.

That's how my local dealer took orders with the Manticore roll out. He put your name on a list, wanted NO money down and would let you know when they were in his shop. If you backed out... no problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I know Gerry said Christmas and sure looking like it. May as well just call it next year for people in colder parts of the country. To this day I am truly puzzled why Minelab does not develop the accessory coils at the same time they are doing the detector itself. It’s like they have a law - do detector first and when done with that do accessory coils. From a retail perspective it’s just stupid. Every Manticore buyer so far might have bought an accessory coil when they bought the detector. It’s a fallacy if Minelab thinks people will wait and just get the coils later. Some now will have decided they don’t like the detector or detecting itself enough to make the purchase. Those are sales Gerry and Minelab will never make now, and that’s just bad business. Somebody at Minelab needs to rethink that strategy. I’d think it is because they don’t care about accessory coil sales, but then why the tight control if not outright roadblocks thrown up for the aftermarket? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I would be glad to just have a new M11 skid plate for Christmas.....A tall order for Santa!

GC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I would be glad just to have a new M11 skid plate for Christmas.....Perhaps I am dreaming too big

GC

You and I both.  I actually sold my 1st Manticore because of the peach fuzz thickness of a cover.  If they don't come soon, my coil itself will go bad. Then they'll have to send me a new coil. Oh well..they've got deep pockets. 

20230928_144705.jpg

• Like 3

I've just got the Nugget Finder heavy duty solid Equinox 800 skid plate on mine, fits fine.  

The inventory of the genuine 11" Manticore skid plates remains elusive here too.  Minelab have no idea the sales they miss by their stock issues.  

• Like 2

The skid plates are really flimsy.  My skid plate kept falling off a few months ago.  I checked it and found a crack about an inch long. I contacted minelab support with pictures and they sent me a new one under warranty.  So if your skid plate is falling off check it for cracks, if it's got one contact minelab support and get a new one.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

When I started this post 10 months ago I never would have believed that these coils are still not available! Does anyone know where I can find an M15 coil before Christmas? I am heading to Florida for a week and want to hit the beach with a larger coil. 

I did some checking online and couldn’t find any in stock. I would even consider a used one.

Thanks,

Ringtail

They're in stock in NZ, may have left it too late to order it from here though if you need it before Christmas.

Minelab M15 - 15"x12" DD Manticore Coil - Jacobs Digital