Parks Are A Different Beast Than Beaches

I think that .417 is 10K.  Really cool looking piece. Great find!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Schoolofhardnox is right. A 10k gold bracelet, you're a gold-finding detectorist now for sure. 👍 Congratulations! It's not engraved so you could put your name on it. 🤔

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yep, Schoolofhardnox is right. A 10k gold bracelet, you're a gold-finding detectorist now for sure. 👍 Congratulations! It's not engraved so you could put your name on it. 🤔

It's a baby bracelet so it wouldn't fit anywhere!
Still i'm surprised that I found this piece, it definitely took alot of effort to find due to all the trash. Though to be fair I found it in the field so it was more tolerable as there were less targets.
It also looks corroded in some places; mainly this one nub that looks like copper tarnishing. Also some parts of the chain looks like it was welded together and is also tarnishing? I could also be dirty cause I didn't clean it very well. The rest of the chain and center panel look fine though.

20230225_174018.jpg

41.7% gold, 58.3% something else like silver and/or copper.

Great find for sure.

39 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

41.7% gold, 58.3% something else like silver and/or copper.

Great find for sure.

TBH the fact that I thought it was junk ruined the moment initially! But now i'm quite happy with the find! I went back to the same park today, but this time it only gave up a stainless steel ring that is way too big for my fingers. It's a Spikes stainless steel ring. 

10 minutes ago, Sirius said:

TBH the fact that I thought it was junk ruined the moment initially! But now i'm quite happy with the find! I went back to the same park today, but this time it only gave up a stainless steel ring that is way too big for my fingers. It's a Spikes stainless steel ring. 

Yeah, that's the other metals corroding and showing through. Still 41% gold tho 👍 damn good start.

Research your finds! Don't chuck anything until you do. Look for hallmarks, I couldn't find "L&S" other than it's a Birmingham England Hallmark.

39 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yeah, that's the other metals corroding and showing through. Still 41% gold tho 👍 damn good start.

Research your finds! Don't chuck anything until you do. Look for hallmarks, I couldn't find "L&S" other than it's a Birmingham England Hallmark.

I couldn't find anything when googling L&S. got a site?

12 hours ago, Sirius said:

It also looks corroded in some places; mainly this one nub that looks like copper tarnishing. Also some parts of the chain looks like it was welded together and is also tarnishing? I could also be dirty cause I didn't clean it very well. The rest of the chain and center panel look fine though.

Get a tumbler if you don't have one already. It is great for cleaning all the clad you find plus for questionable jewelry. If it does not survive a tumble and shine right up then it goes in the junk box (let neighbor kids pick from) or into the garbage can. Your bracelet may just clean right up.

strick 

12 hours ago, Sirius said:

I couldn't find anything when googling L&S. got a site?

It was something I came across in looking, might have been in a PDF. Search for "gold makers mark L&S", or "gold hallmark L&S"

If you want to make sure you get a specific thing you would type:

gold makers mark "L&S"

Good luck. 🙂