I Had To Take A Few Bullets For What I Got

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Just when you think it couldn't get any better for you, you hit it out of the park again.

Great hunt once again.

Good luck on your next outing.

Thanks VL, you threw down a gauntlet recently, so I had to pick it up. 🤣 You're an inspiration. 😉

Shame that relic hunting season is almost over for me. This one has been phenomenal.

11 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

Great job soldier!  😀

Thanks Colonel, were it that I was in the shape I was in my Army days. 😵 Recovery is much slower of late 🤔

33 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Colonel, were it that I was in the shape I was in my Army days. 😵 Recovery is much slower of late 🤔

That's certainly true for all of us. As I frequently say, "Something happens everyday that reminds me I'm no longer a young captain.  I'm not even an old colonel....just old."  # 75 coming up on 27 March!   🤣

Beautiful finds 350 the spanish coin looks to be holed? The best part about your finds is they are close to home. Also you will have endless hunting it seems as it's impossible to cover every inch of those large fields and s they plow them more stuff will turn up. also not much modern trash to contend with...sometimes when a little birdie tells you to do something its good to listen 🙂 ...the hunt that almost wasn't. 

strick 

25 minutes ago, strick said:

Beautiful finds 350 the spanish coin looks to be holed? The best part about your finds is they are close to home. Also you will have endless hunting it seems as it's impossible to cover every inch of those large fields and s they plow them more stuff will turn up. also not much modern trash to contend with...sometimes when a little birdie tells you to do something its good to listen 🙂 ...the hunt that almost wasn't. 

strick 

Thanks Strick! 🙂

My photos are pretty much extreme close-ups, the hole is a pit but doesn't go all the way through. The other amusing thing is the tooth marks in it from people biting it to see if it is real. 😀

I don't mean to downplay a Spanish silver find, but my favorite is the early large cent used as a cutting board to make change from silver coins, it's kind of a "Rosetta Stone" for  what was going on there. Farther back in the field there are some buried iron pots with oyster shells and there were lots of buttons there. There must have been some pretty large gatherings but not as large as another place I have a couple miles up the road.

I've found other evidence such as thimbles and lots of horse tack, all stuff that cherry pickers seem to leave behind. Very few silver coins have come out of here, 2 mercs, an SLQ, 2/3 of a Trime, and this one Spanish coin.

There is a lot more to cover, it should give me random good finds for quite a while, I'll just have to put the leg work in. 🙂

Once again very nice And interesting.

Thanks for posting.

19 minutes ago, JCR said:

Once again very nice And interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Thanks JCR. A couple of previous hunts here weren't as interesting, but braving the weather was worth it.

Dang, F350, more stunning finds, very well done again! That "cutting board" large cent has to be a super rare find and another Reale too! Just incredible hunt, congrats! SInce we haven't got the "WOW!" emoji I requested, so I made my own, so here ya go...

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

1 minute ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Dang, F350, more stunning finds, very well done again! That "cutting board" large cent has to be a super rare find and another Reale too! Just incredible hunt, congrats! SInce we haven't got the "WOW!" emoji I requested, I made my own, so here ya go...

Wow Emoji-100.jpg

Thanks Cap'n, took me a while to think of a snappy title. 🤣 I'm always happy to add another half Reale to my collection.

Winter doesn't want to leave here without a final kick or two, it's been great this year though having a lot of 60 degree days since November. Almost forgot what winter was except for the cold snap at Christmas where it got down to 9. 😀 It's heading back to 60 in a couple days, but it's a race to get detecting in before they plant the fields now. I'm looking forward to spring and summer camping trips, much easier on my feet!