Victoria Large Nugget Find

• The title was changed to Victoria Find

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

an eyeopener for sure…(starts charging up all the detector equipment)...

Don’t forget your plane ticket and passport, Flak. 🤣

What an incredible find; I wonder what it ID'd on the EQX.

wow, a $240,000 nugget found with a Nox 800.... lucky person there.

It seems they really never do get them all, I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.

Gosh you never know, it might even have been that no-one ever dismissed it as junk because no-one ever walked over it before, and instead of wandering, maybe it was a guy, really plugged into his Nox, who found it with skill and persistence. Maybe…haha

Re ( I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.)

and I wonder how many loud pieces of junk that were actually Gold, that I have walked over in the last 40+ years detecting the Vic Golden Triangle.

Years ago a friend and self were detecting on a farmers paddock, the site of an old mining town in the GT, he detected/dug up 188 Chinese coins in a 3ft x 3ft area, to others it must have sound like a sheet of rusty iron, he picked up a stray on the outskirts and went from there.

2 hours ago, PeterInSa said:

Re ( I wonder how many dismissed that target as a giant piece of junk over the years for a guy to wander along and find it with his Nox.)

I'm sure I've done it quite a few times.

"It weighs 4.6 kilograms and that includes 2.6 kilograms of gold."

It must of been riddled with gold. My 3½ Kilos bit only had 16+ oz and it was 3.5 kilos and he got nearly 84 oz  😢

It remines me of the early days when big nuggets were released to the media near public holidays (School, Easter and Xmas or New detector release.) those were the days.   

Man what a monster of a nugget and the Equinox 800 did the trick.  80+ ozt at $2000US = $160,000 just in gold US Dollars.  Collectors value could go half a million if a couple folks get excited.  Good on him and his family.

Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Man what a monster of a nugget and the Equinox 800 did the trick.

I would love to see that in your mouth for sure. I wounder if it would fit?

Nice read thanks for sharing it.