A Little Luck... And A Lot Of Work

A window of opportunity opened up so Lisa and I headed for the High Sierras for three days.  I had not had a chance to swing the 7000 since last Fall and I was itching to work an old worked out patch again. I manged to get one more piece (3.6 grams) just a few feet away from where I found Lisa's Pendant nugget last year.  Hunted in Normal most of the time and was surprised that I could tame the 7000 down hunting in this mode. Sometimes it got a  little noisy even in low smoothing but I just kept plugging away. Covered lots of ground looking for a new patch and dug countless trash targets but only manged to get the one nugget. Lisa got a small piece in a dry creek bed with her 2300. So at least we both scored gold. Ran into fellow prospector 1515Art who also scored a nice nugget. Good  meeting you Clark... Looking forward to the next hunt in gods country. Also included are a few recent finds with the 3030. The Vintage gold ring was found hunting an old home site with Merton.... Going to hit some swimming holes after the 4th of July mayhem. Good Luck out there. 

strick

20160622_161533 (Medium).jpg

20160529_184130 (Medium).jpg

20160606_173815 (Medium).jpg

20160604_130750 (Medium).jpg

I know it must have been a lot of work but you came up with some nice finds too!  Congrats!

Some really decent finds,that 2nd ring with the stone in it have you checked it yet and is it the real deal of being a nice lump of ice ?? it does look a substantial stone for sure.

3 hours ago, RickUK said:

Some really decent finds,that 2nd ring with the stone in it have you checked it yet and is it the real deal of being a nice lump of ice ?? it does look a substantial stone for sure.

Thanks Fellas...

Rick-  Were pretty sure its a fake . I've looked at it several times now. Someone took a real nice CZ and put it in a nice setting. The ring is stamped 925.

strick

Merton doesn't usually let someone out-find him.  I'd like a picture of his face ...

It would be like mine when Lu out-finds me ... little boy pout.

Good job Strick.  WTG Lisa.

Mitchel

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Merton doesn't usually let someone out-find him.  I'd like a picture of his face ...

It would be like mine when Lu out-finds me ... little boy pout.

Good job Strick.  WTG Lisa.

Mitchel

You got to get up pretty early in the morning to out find Merton! Since he never posts any pictures...here is one of his many fabulous finds. I do not  know if he ever found out exactly what it was. Some kind of pendent token? He found it after he invaded the area where I found the gold ring lol

strick

20160530_193314 (Medium).jpg

20160530_193131 (Medium).jpg