Your Favorite Wired Headphones For Sound Quality

After trying numerous ones I ended up liking Grey Ghost's the best....good quality sound and the most comfortable. Black Widow's I felt actually had a bit better sound, but didn't fit me quite as well. HH jim tn

Grey Ghost. I'm so deaf I can't hear myself think (which is something I do on rare occasions) and the Grey Ghost are the best I have found. They have also proven very durable as I have struck them with my pick, and beat them against boulders and they have some how survived-- and so has my head.

It really depends on the detector. To Me some seem to sound better with high Ohm speaker elements and others sound better with lower Ohm elements.  I use Killer Bs & Garrett MS 2s for wired HPs. Use Factory for wireless.

I'm severely affected with hearing.

I experimented with many different headphones and Black Widows we're the ticket for me for many years.

However my very best experiences have been with a Dual Speaker set up using "Doc's Detecting" Goldscreamer Battery/Amp combo. I've brought many Deep ones to see the Sunshine while using that setup I built.

Hapy Huntn

SunRay Pro Gold are another top brand but Ralph retired a couple years back.  Here's the scoop for those that don't know.  John Smith is the guy who used to build the SunRay headphones for Ralph.  John Smith also has his own brand "Killer Bees" and I myself prefer the "Wasp" model.  He also has top performing 1 ear headphones for areas with rattlesnakes.

Killer Bee's are American Made and lifetime warranty (and he backs it up).  All he asks is that you register the headphones when you get them.  He's a great guy to deal with in the many years I've done with him.

I heard Gray Ghost went through some management change and their products are not as good as before.  Maybe that is hearsay?  But when enough folks start complaining, that says something.

Black Widows are also top performers but a little tight on the head if you have a big grape.

The Koss UR-30's on most Minelab's have top quality sound, but their durability?  Does not exist.

Pro Golds for me.  I have two pairs with the locking toggles, separate volume controls, real leather cups.  They are soft and comfortable with good coiled cords and they block a lot of background noise.  As far as I know, they're compatible with all detectors.