Minelab Pro Pinpointer 35

My Garrett carrot is sick and I bought a Minelab Pro pinpointer 35 a few weeks ago. I have mixed feelings about it, somehow it doesn't feel right, a bit weird to hold, and it has a very weak LED,

sometimes when I hold it upside down it starts to squeak and stops when I turn it down again, the buzzer is not very loud but seems to get quieter sometimes too. At times it seems to stop working and I have to switch it on and off again, has anybody experienced problems with it?

I feel it is not a patch against a Garrett Pro pinpointer and miss it a lot. Wonder if I could repair it, if someone has tips about it, I will be very grateful after all it came with me detecting for a very long time.

Keep swinging and have a good day

WoWo

You mean this?

My dealer swapped it over for me and the replacement was worse!  So I contact Minelab and they say it's normal.... normal for the Pro-Find I guess but my various other pinpointers don't do it except the TRX.

Mine also stops working until I turn it off and on sometimes.

It's a pretty poor pinpointer, I think they had a first year engineering student design it 🙂

The Garrett Pro Pointer AT is far superior.

Garrett have recently extended warranty on their products so perhaps you should see if your Pro Pointer is still under warranty now they've extended it to 3 years?

I was switch form Garrett AT on SPHINX:

15 hours ago, Shelton said:

I was switch form Garrett AT on SPHINX:

I have a Sphinx 03 on it's way to me now, looking forward to comparing it to the others to see if it lives up to the good feedback I've heard so far.  At the moment my favourite two pinpointers are the Garrett AT and the XP Mi-4, the many others I have rarely ever get used. 

The F-Pulse and Pulse Dive are my beach pinpointers as they're superior in the salt but I don't often beach hunt.

The Sphinx needs not to interfere with my GPZ and GPX and have the small gold sensitivity of the TRX while also being able to handle the ground the TRX can't in high sensitivity and I will be happy.

I was initially having stability issues with my Pro-Find 35. I switched to a USB rechargeable 9v Li-ion battery that runs at a true 9 volts… My Pro-Find now operates with much better stability. So if your battery is getting weak it can definitely cause stability issues.

I tried various high quality batteries on both the ones I had including a Li-ion, I'm down to one now as I just had two at once as my dealer sent me a replacement to compare against my first one.  I even tried true 9.2 volt batteries photographers use in flashes.  Nothing made it as stable as it should be for me.  Glad it helped yours as yes I do notice they play up worse when low battery but in my case that wasn't the cause of the issues and then Minelab confirming the behaviour is normal.

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I tried various high quality batteries on both the ones I had including a Li-ion, I'm down to one now as I just had two at once as my dealer sent me a replacement to compare against my first one.  I even tried true 9.2 volt batteries photographers use in flashes.  Nothing made it as stable as it should be for me.  Glad it helped yours as yes I do notice they play up worse when low battery but in my case that wasn't the cause of the issues and then Minelab confirming the behaviour is normal.

Is that "normal" from Minelab kind of what we were being told about the GPX 6000 issues people were having when it first came out?

D4G

4 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Is that "normal" from Minelab kind of what we were being told about the GPX 6000 issues people were having when it first came out?

D4G

I suspect you're right.

Where do you buy these? Only place I see them in stock is Ali Express and it won't ship to my address in any of the listings. The rest are like Russian stores or something where I'm not sure they'd ship to the US either but I can't really tell if they are legit or not either. 

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I have a Sphinx 03 on it's way to me now

Ha, if its new and novel, we can always rely on Simon to buy one and let us all know how good it is! :biggrin: