Beach Hunt 2023 Has Started

Hey Gerry is in Idaho.😜 bet he already has at least one though.

They don't make mashers like they used to anymore.

Still no beach action , just the fairgrounds. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

My best find was a potato masher.

Hey, come on.  You have to admit that with all those silver coins you've been finding, you've been lapping up the gravy.  Now you've got to pay the piper and settle for the potatoes....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Hey Gerry is in Idaho.😜 bet he already has at least one though.

They don't make mashers like they used to anymore.

Still no beach action , just the fairgrounds. 

Maybe Gerry needs another one? Or maybe I can expand his business to MA? 🤔. How are the fairgrounds treating you? I miss digging in the dirt!

11 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Hey, come on.  You have to admit that with all those silver coins you've been finding, you've been lapping up the gravy.  Now you've got to pay the piper and settle for the potatoes....

But silver was like a new found girlfriend, very attentive from the start. Why did she have to just up and dump me like that? 😭 I like gravy..... but I guess mashed potatoes are fine every once in a while. Seriously though, It was a longer and well appreciated silver run. It also makes the next hunt more relaxing knowing I can't do worse. 😏

• Like 4

14 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

🤔. How are the fairgrounds treating you? I miss digging in the dirt!

Like an old western star !  Slim Pickins  I got a couple rings of bling this week  + some green crusted wheaties ,  a fist full of clad , and pull tabs , lots of pull tabs since I found out a 1/10th oz coin of AU is the same ID # LOL ,,,,some day , when I least expect it , I guess. There sure are a lot of them here so the ratio is building fast . I   l start skipping them by quitting time. 

Speaking for myself and my elbows  we  miss the beach ( being a son of the)  and I managed to miss the week+ of negative low tides , in the day time even for some of them . However it looks like I'll be going to one of the biggest ones saturday , the 11am tide will be  -.3 , not the -1.7  it was a couple days ago though. Gotta wake my scoop up from hibernation..  

• Like 1

I'm a musician so I have an airtight excuse....

I just realized I posted my beach hunt in your beach thread. 🙄 No charge.

I'll move it as best as I can...........

Post move due to me being a dum bass (not to be confused with dumb ass.)😜

But I did leave you a couple of likes ! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 9:49 PM, rvpopeye said:

I'm a musician so I have an airtight excuse....

I just realized I posted my beach hunt in your beach thread. 🙄 No charge.

I'll move it as best as I can...........

Post move due to me being a dum bass (not to be confused with dumb ass.)😜

But I did leave you a couple of likes ! 

I read that post. You should have left it there. That way it seems I would just have to find a couple of pull tabs and some zinc pennies to beat you 😄 Now I have to actually find something good on my next hunt. 🙄 Spoiler alert, I did. ☺️ I hope you do well if you did get out to the beach today. 🤞

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Beach hunt # 28 was back at my favorite beach. This is the beach that produced a lot of silver and a ton of clad. The goal was to hopefully get 1 or 2 silver coins, but also to just relax after last week’s hunt. I got there late at around 10:30 and headed to the area I did well at, hoping I missed some silver. When I got there I noticed the area adjacent to my spot seemed to lose some sand. This was an area that was too sanded in to hunt. So, I opted to start there instead of going over ground I already did. It immediately started to produce coins and lots of iron. I spent about 6 hours there and was very happy to have a way better day than I expected. It actually turned into a battle of the spoons vs tent stakes. 🙄 How can people lose so many spoons? I did have to deal with a lot of big iron, which unfortunately did not fit into my pouch, so I left it high above the water line. My car was simply too far away to bring it there.

What I did find was a lot of clad including 3 bicentennial quarters, one Liberty V and two Buffalo nickels. But the silver stole the show. 9 silver coins including the Walking Liberty half, and the US minted 10 Centavos coin from the Philippines. Digging was rough as this area is packed with rocks. I usually don’t scratch coins when I dig, but this time I scratched 3 of them using the spade or screwdriver. Just unavoidable unfortunately.

A much better hunt than I was expecting and very happy to find that many coins. I’ll probably try and be back there again next week, and maybe give the AQ a shot there. Or just a smaller coil to navigate the big iron better with the GPX.

A nice, fun, and relaxing day at the beach

20240321_132623.jpg

20240321_131904.jpg

20240321_134401.jpg

20240321_134557.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Man, back in stride! You sure needed this after the last hunt.

I like the Philippines coin, not necessarily rare but not one you see often, I didn't know it existed 😅

Guess you should hit this beach until you can't 🏆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And you worried you couldn't beat my hemostats ?  🤣       Just the spoons beat that thing , on usefulness alone.. 

Every time you start to hunt , the beach finds get nervous 🥸

• Like 2