Beach Hunt 2023 Has Started

Great hunt SOHN, I'm really surprised you're not turning up lots of Tungsten rings. Guess the surface pickers are getting them! πŸ˜€

Looks like you're in stride with discrimination on the M-core, but there's still something to be said about digging it all with the 5000. πŸ€”

That's a lot of hard hours in what had to be somewhat trifling conditions, the storm passed here with right much wind. I had other things to do thankfully. 😁

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 10:16 PM, F350Platinum said:

Great hunt SOHN, I'm really surprised you're not turning up lots of Tungsten rings. Guess the surface pickers are getting them! πŸ˜€

Looks like you're in stride with discrimination on the M-core, but there's still something to be said about digging it all with the 5000. πŸ€”

That's a lot of hard hours in what had to be somewhat trifling conditions, the storm passed here with right much wind. I had other things to do thankfully. 😁

Most of the time I'm not finding any rings πŸ˜„ let alone Tungsten. Luckily the silver rings are starting to show up instead. Gold is scarce for me lately.

Funny, sometimes I'm not impressed with the Manticore, but other times it works really well. On wet slopes I love it. With a coating of black sand I hate it πŸ˜„But nothing beats it for covering a lot of ground. I will always use it when a storm passes through and there is some sand movement.Β  Those times I just want to take what is in it's solid depth range. I don't want to crawl and look for really deep targets, just the newly exposed targets.

I did get out as the storm passed by my 2 beaches. Spoiler alert ----- Boring post coming up soon πŸ˜…

On 9/15/2023 at 10:43 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

There ya go, sohN, congrats on all the silver, well done! 😎

Β 

Thanks. I'll take silver any day. Much easier for me to find, than gold .

• Like 3

Beach hunt #4 was a β€œduring the hurricane” hunt. I was extremely disappointed in the lack of sand movement since the previous high tide waves were hammering that beach. I used the Manticore all day long. I know that the iron at beach 2 screams of GPX, but I assure you the GPX sat in the trunk. Beach 2 is a beach that is extremely iron laden. That big brass valve gave a terrible signal, and I thought it may be a copper cent mixed with iron. I never expected it to be a huge brass valve, given the signal I received. Almost all the iron dug there was intentional, usually digging a very iffy signal and then pinpointing multiple nails in the same hole. The Manticore did well discriminating the iron, but I was worried that I would miss coins mixed in all that iron, so I dug a lot of unnecessary signals. Not pictured are 2 huge spikes and a 14” long round fence post which I left in their trash cans.Β  Beach 1 produced the only silver of the day – a .925 dainty ring. Beach 2 may have produced some gold in the bookmark, but probably only nicely plated. Also odd was a 10x20 section that was littered with pennies. I know the kids throw these down for us, and after digging a lot of zincs, I started to skip them. But I did not skip the copper cents. You can’t tell by the picture, as the cents toned from sitting, but they were all bright and shiny when found. I know the beach does this sometimes, but I have never found this many that looked like they just came from the mint. I know the kids didn’t throw those down. All in all a decent hunt, but not what I expected from a hurricane hunt.

20230918_155631.jpg

20230918_160944.jpg

20230918_161058.jpg

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Here we go!!!Β Β  Will schoolofhardNox soon strike gold!!!

Don't hold your breathe πŸ˜„. Unless someone drops some gold right in front of me, you could be waiting a very, very, long time.Β  😫

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

It looks like the Manitcore delivered the goods for you. Congrats on the silver ring, well done!

Thanks. Barely kept the silver streak going. I should quit while I'm ahead. πŸ€”

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Don't hold your breathe πŸ˜„. Unless someone drops some gold right in front of me, you could be waiting a very, very, long time.Β  😫

It's more a function of digging it all and putting in the time, you'll be on the gold soon enough, I have faith πŸ‘

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Looks like you finally got that pretty princess tiara ring you always wantedΒ πŸ₯Έ

A nice one too !

Β 

It looks good on my pinky πŸ˜„

13 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

It's more a function of digging it all and putting in the time, you'll be on the gold soon enough, I have faith πŸ‘

Thanks. Gold has a tendency to find me when I least expect it. I'm not really in it for the gold, otherwise I would put on the waders and head into the water. Silver is just fine. Besides, I like a nice wave free hunt πŸ™ƒ

• Like 4