Hard Times At Rye Patch!

LuckyLundy

Enjoyed the read and loved the pictures that went with the story.

Great hunt and just shows people what you can do when you don't give up. It also shows just how lucky some people are than others.

Good luck and good hunting on your next trip.

• Like 2

Golden Eye 007 there used his spy skills to find a monster of a nugget.  

Very cool, and motivation and inspiration for those that think the days are over for Rye Patch area.

• Like 4

LuckyLunndy a great write up of your adventure. I wish I had a ¼ of your skill with words, but no hope with my dyslexic spelling ability. It great to see the old measurements dwt and ounces but since gold has been at approx. a $100 Aus. a gram I have been leaning to wards the metric system. It is not a nugget unless it is a pennyweight or ounce 😉 Keep your story coming as it is always welcome. Using the eye and not Gerry's mouth is great. 🤣 

• Like 4

Geof-junk,

Using Penny/Dime Weight may give away my age.  It’s a much simpler measurement for simpletons like me to figure.  20 dwts to the ounce vs 31.1 grams to the ounce.  Of course I understand both when it comes time to sell 😂

Rick

• Like 6

20 dwts to the ounce vs 31.1 grams to the ounce.

LuckyLundy with the size of the nugget that the latest detectors get you will have to use a few more decimal points to get it's true value in cents.🤑 if your scales can read that accurate. ☺️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1