4 Day Campground Hunt, I'm Tired.

20 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Good to know someone, but it's best to go right to the top. 🤔 All campgrounds have a General Manager, some an assistant. I've been in a situation where The AGM gave me permission, and the GM accosted me later. It worked out ok, but if you have permission from the King, no one can touch you. 👑

We stayed at a old camp ground a few years ago. when I spoke to the lady host she said it was ok to detect...early next morning I was out in the ball field and the male host comes walking up and tells me I'm not allowed to detect....when I told him "Thats not what your wife told me" he changed his tune...350 your right the king rules..

strick

23 minutes ago, strick said:

We stayed at a old camp ground a few years ago. when I spoke to the lady host she said it was ok to detect...early next morning I was out in the ball field and the male host comes walking up and tells me I'm not allowed to detect....when I told him "Thats not what your wife told me" he changed his tune...350 your right the king rules..

strick

Whether it's the top manager or the actual landowner, don't settle for less if you can avoid it. Sad that sometimes you have to be stuck between the opinions and authority of two people or more, they can be polar.

I recently tried to get permission from a local town official responsible for parks, I managed to run in to her while detecting and asked. She was sitting in a truck with some other individual that never identified himself. She seemed ok with me hunting an event field, but he said something with a "knowing" smirk regarding holes, and they took my name and phone and said they'd get back to me. They did not. Previously a town employee told me he "didn't think they'd mind" but I didn't want to mention that because I didn't want to throw him under the bus.

The most dangerous thing you can be told is "I don't think they'll mind", by someone who has no authority, and if the property is rented, you should get permission from both the owner and the renter. It's nothing but common courtesy, and prevents legal hassles.

I have found some old relics at two of the campgrounds, but it's mostly a clad fest with sporadic jewelry finds. 🤔

This last hunt topped off my Cheezy Poof jug o' coins, so I've got some tumbling to do! 😀

Gotcha....My policy is not to bother asking if it's public property. Private property is a different thing all together. This has been talked about ad nauseam over here on west coast. Too many people with uniforms that don't know the rules and too many idiots making laws that cant be enforced. The Camp Ground I was referring to was private property as I recall which is why I asked them to begin...

strick

16 minutes ago, strick said:

Gotcha....My policy is not to bother asking if it's public property. Private property is a different thing all together. This has been talked about ad nauseam over here on west coast. Too many people with uniforms that don't know the rules and too many idiots making laws that cant be enforced. The Camp Ground I was referring to was private property as I recall which is why I asked them to begin...

strick

Sorry, hope ya understand I was preaching to the new folks more than you. 😅

Small town anecdote, I'm waiting for the local Superintendent to get ousted for malfeasance, then I can hunt the schools 😀

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Sorry, hope ya understand I was preaching to the new folks more than you. 😅

Small town anecdote, I'm waiting for the local Superintendent to get ousted for malfeasance, then I can hunt the schools 😀

You should be allowed to hunt public schools...Most of them over here are now fenced in...it's getting tougher and tougher this hobby of ours...There is one school I've been wanting to hit one of my clients is a teacher over there and said go ahead but I'm a little reluctant to as it's fenced in for the most part.  I'm waiting for a little rain so I can get started with the turf hunting again..its great to see you get out and finding stuff...

strick