Gold Seeker Adventures Videos

Just started delving into Reese's book and really enjoying the read a lot of knowledge packed into a great book, and well worth the price

Thanks Reese

• Like 1

I still have a couple videos from Montana I should get uploaded. This is one of them. I will incorporate them in-between the Nevada Videos. 

• Like 4

Here is my newest video. I have crossed over the 500 subscribers threshold. Thank you to all on here that have subscribed to my channel. I'm still short on the watch time. I am trying to keep the times down on the videos so most everyone watches through to the end. But some videos need certain areas left in. This is to show how long it took to dig a nugget out, or something else I felt was important to convey reality of something or other relating to gold detecting. I am going to try to upload two videos a week to whittle down the hours watch problem. It is a problem for me as to how soon I can implement options from YouTube to help supplement my gold finds. I do plan on setting up three outings each year once I get to this point and able to setup a Patreon channel. There will be one in Montana, one in Nevada, and one in Arizona. I will also be starting YouTube shorts to hopefully broaden viewership across YouTube. I have been met with frustration today with that. However I think I may have it sorted out and you may very soon see shorts showing up. Thanks to everyone on here that has been supportive of Gold Seeker Adventures. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

This nugget took almost a half an hour to dig up. It was 16" deep. I shortened down the whole process best I could while showing it was very difficult to dig up. Enjoy the video. Watch through to the end to see what it took. Some nuggets won't go down easy. 

• Like 6

Reese,

Enjoyed the video, great find and worth the effort. 

You noted that the 6000 and 7000 "were not able to hear this target" which indicates to me that you had those detectors with you and made an actual test on the target.  Why, because of the coil size?

I would think you could shorten up on the vid run time if you used high speed on parts of the dig like when you were pulling little rocks and dirt out of the way with the side of your pick.  That would shorten the vid but not diminish the work involved.   

Thanks for posting..

Hawkeye I will see if I can figure out how to do that on my editing program. I will try it in next video. On another day back in April myself with the 6000 with 11",12x7, &17" and my buddy who is very good with the 7000 with the NF 17"x13" and 12" pounded it. There were actually two 7000's in there that day. Rocks moved, debris kicked away then detected in areas that that could be done in short order. That area appeared shallow and close to the caliche bedrock. No other settings and settings combos with the 5000 could even get a faint spike over the threshold. I'm going back in there tomorrow and dig that wash up like I dig and detect my claims in Montana. I am bound to find a few more nuggets. If I don't get any gold after 3 days of digging, I will give it up and go on walk-about. 

• Like 3

I am going to cut the bushes and brush out of the bottom area of the wash intirely, throw and roll boulders out of their resting places and shovel out all loose gravels and throw it up on caliche side bank. Right after that narrow chute it starts to open a little wider and there is a deeper bedload there. That is where I will start. I will have to be careful of tiny scorpions I have been finding in this wash down deep in the bedload and under rocks . 

I'll give you a subscribe.

At the 10:34 mark of the 5000 video assisted by a pinpointer to recover gold it appears the Pro-Find 40 did the usual Pro-Find 35 lose stability thing where it just keeps sounding off as you remove it from the hole?  I thought that's the very thing they've fixed in the new model.

• Like 2