Overview And Initial Review Of The Accupoint Pinpointer

F350,

I agree, the FPulse and TekPoint are very deep, but they false sooo much that they are completely unusable for me.  I have a brand new TekPoint in the box that I cant use and its killing me.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MFF18B said:

F350,

I agree, the FPulse and TekPoint are very deep, but they false sooo much that they are completely unusable for me.  I have a brand new TekPoint in the box that I cant use and its killing me.  

Wait, wait, wait...

I had the Tek Point and loved the depth. I returned it, because nothing I did stopped the maddening falsing. I ended up concluding that it was defective. Now, I'm not so sure it was defective. Are these PI pinpointers well known for falsing?

My F-Pulse is a bit of a falser, however I find its connected to the Equinox or Manticore I'm using it with, if I have the F-Pulse turned on and close to the control pod when I do my noise cancel on the detector it limits the falsing the F-Pulse has.    Using it with a detector like the Gold Bug 2 for example, it rarely falses.

• Like 3

I ended up changing to different batteries, and a fellow sent me a different user manual that had a way to retune the FPulse.  I will say that since Ive done those two things, it seems to be usable now.  I dont know what or if either of those fixed the issue or both together…but it is more usable now.

I took the accupoint out yesterday for the first time. I was very happy with the way it performed. I really appreciate the reviews from the ones that got to try them out. It was there positive feedback that helped me decide to preorder mine.  
  I also want to thank Nokta for giving us a pin pointer that pairs with our headphones plus extra features that make it a very cool pin pointer. The TRX I've used for years but I'm happy to say it's getting replaced by my Accupoint!!😁👍

• Like 2

OK, I finally caved (and by finally, I mean quickly) and put an order in for an AccuPOINT from Fort Bedford. The display screen is the big selling point for me since I continually mess up holding down the button on the carrot and don't know where I'm at in the settings.

My original plan was to hold of until more reviews and feedback came in, but dangit, I've been such a good boy lately and deserve an early xmas present. Plus my Garrett carrot has suddenly started falsing more frequently for some strange reason. (It's noted that the reason may very well be me creating a pretextual justification for buying a new pinpointer, however. 😉)

Anyways, looking forward to its arrival, and I'll try to post some notes once I've run it through plenty of targets in the wild.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, glacialgold said:

OK, I finally caved (and by finally, I mean quickly) and put an order in for an AccuPOINT from Fort Bedford. The display screen is the big selling point for me since I continually mess up holding down the button on the carrot and don't know where I'm at in the settings.

My original plan was to hold of until more reviews and feedback came in, but dangit, I've been such a good boy lately and deserve an early xmas present. Plus my Garrett carrot has suddenly started falsing more frequently for some strange reason. (It's noted that the reason may very well be me creating a pretextual justification for buying a new pinpointer, however. 😉)

Anyways, looking forward to its arrival, and I'll try to post some notes once I've run it through plenty of targets in the wild.

You deserve it, GG. 👍 Good boys should always get the toys 😏

The display screen is definitely easy when you learn the icons. Simple yet elegant. And color! 😀

It serves no purpose other than to display battery condition and sensitivity setting. It turns off when you are searching.

Button has 3 modes, on, off timer and settings on the end of the expanding bar. Shouldn't be long until you have the timing down. 

Good luck with it and happy hunting!

• Like 3

I have recently acquired an Accupoint to pair with my Legend headphones, ( which it does ), but I’m finding that after finishing a hunting session and then firing up the Legend and headphones again after a break, that the Accupoint needs to go through the pairing process all over, ie, it doesn’t seem to stay paired to the ‘phones in tandem with the detector. It’s a bit frustrating and time consuming.

Also I’m not getting the crisp audio that the pointer has with it’s speaker through the headphones. The headphone’s audio from the Accupoint is what I would call “echoing or scratchy”.

Any thoughts....

6 hours ago, Bootscrape said:

I have recently acquired an Accupoint to pair with my Legend headphones, ( which it does ), but I’m finding that after finishing a hunting session and then firing up the Legend and headphones again after a break, that the Accupoint needs to go through the pairing process all over, ie, it doesn’t seem to stay paired to the ‘phones in tandem with the detector. It’s a bit frustrating and time consuming.

Also I’m not getting the crisp audio that the pointer has with it’s speaker through the headphones. The headphone’s audio from the Accupoint is what I would call “echoing or scratchy”.

Any thoughts....

Bootscrape,  I found there's a sequence or order to use. After the initial pairing. 

1. Turn on the accupoint and head phones and pair them first.

2. Turn off the accupoint and turn on the Legend and it will pair with the headphones as it always has. 

This has worked for me. I was having the same issue when I first went out to hunt. I paired my headphones and Legend likeI normally would then turned on the accupoint. It didn't seem to want to pair. I changed the pairing order and shut off the accupoint after it paired. I'm not always the best at reading the instructions and maybe it already says something about that...? But it works every time. Good luck and HH!! Tom

• Like 1