Gpx5000 Finds In Gold Basin/meadview

Wow Reese, that flake has some really interesting deposit patterns in it! Nice!

I really like seeing pattens of how it forms, that one looks like many little chevrons stuck together.

• Like 1

They would not likely even fit in my gold bottle 🙂 Well done and thanks for the post.  Inspirational for sure when you hear about good gold being hunted out across the US.

• Like 1

Reese,

Just proves that certain detectors/coils can work in different goldfields better than others.  I have always stated the GPX 4500 and 5000 have the most versatility overall with their 8 timings and various settings/combo's.  However, the GPX 4500/5000 are only good to the guys that really like the experience and try different settings, rather that just a "Turn On and Go" PI, like the GPX 6000.  

I like the GPX 6000, but I would never run it against a GPX 5000 or GPZ 7000 in high mineralization or anywhere there is a lot of depth.  This is just my personal opinion, but I have used them all long enough to prove to myself what I'm stating.  

The GPX 6000 is deadly on small gold and specimens, shallow ground or bedrock hunting, but not a real great unit on going for depth.  I think you are proving this yourself out there at Gold Basin, where most of the gold is buried deep in the washes, or maybe shallower on the hillsides and flats.  

Also, I'm sure Gold Basin has had no much attention, especially after the Gold Basin Meteorite discovery, so the ground has been pounded in areas out there, so I'm sure a lot of the easy gold is picked away.  

Great to see you finding gold, regardless of detector.  Keep up the great work!

Rob

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My 5000 and the 18" NF was a lot of fun to run.  I almost got in the pounder club with a deep Arizona nugget.  It suited me quite well but I stopped using it much after I got my 7000 and that is probably a mistake.  I still have it and should warm it up when I get the chance.

I've used the 5000 on the beach and it is actually pretty good there too.

• Like 7