Deus 2 Legend Short Gold Nugget Hunt Video.... No Gold

This is a short, rambling, 8 minute video that kind of shows what Deus 2 and the Nokta Legend sound and act like in a central Arizona gold field. No gold is found. Some hot rocks, hot ground and lead fragments are found. 

I am very fond of these two detectors so don't expect any mud slinging or drama other than me completely forgetting to video the Legend detecting plain as day, a 0.01 speck of a lead bullet fragment and me falling into a creosote bush which I did not react to very well......and of course deleted from the video. Creosote and I don't get along. My skin reacts to those bushes like they are stinging nettles on steroids.

Legend is using the LG24 coil in GoldField M, A discrimination pattern, sensitivity 20, recovery speed 5, iron filter zero, audio gain 3. Deus 2 is using the 9" FMF coil, Goldfield FMF, Disc IAR 0, sensitivity 95, reactivity 2.5, audio gain 3. Both detectors are properly ground balanced, have been noise cancelled and have their threshold tones clearly audible.

I only had about 2 hours to find the targets, make the videos and recover the targets and I am holding an iPhone in one hand while swinging a detector with the other on an up to 30 degree inclined ravine slope so don't expect anything earth shattering.

Chase Goldman, the video of Deus 2 is for you. You requested I take Deus 2 on this trip. Otherwise I could have easily skipped the whole thing. 

Both detectors did very well. I did not.

Here is a photo of the targets recovered. Deus 2 detecting its 0.12 gram lead target was the target showing a target ID of 32 towards the end of the Deus 2 part of the video. The Legend finding the 0.01 gram lead bullet fragment was not captured on video for my own insane reason being that I totally forgot about that target. I did try to detect it with Deus 2. It was the third target that Deus 2 tried to detect and had very weak, choppy responses and a target ID in the low 20s. Legend hit that target really hard.

IMG_3978.jpg

Man, that's some rough country. You earn anything you find there.

Good video, thanks for posting it.

Thanks JCR. 

Very rough Sonoran Desert country where plenty can go wrong.

I got stung by some kind of wasp, a Tarantula Hawk. Nasty, still swollen.

I had fun testing the Legend and Deus 2.

Deus 2 is just not as sensitive as the Legend but it is a whole lot better than it was before software 2.0. It is kind of hitting that 0.01 gram piece of lead that the Legend clearly sounded off on but off camera unfortunately.

The best comparison is Deus 2's second target which turned out to be the 0.12 gram lead fragment. Both detectors gave strong responses on that target.

Deus 2's quiet running is kind of a form of discrimination. If Deus 2 hits something it might have a little more size. Nothing wrong with that instead of trying to hit a 0.01 gram or smaller target, whereas the Legend will hit just about anything.

• The title was changed to Deus 2 Legend Short Gold Nugget Hunt Video.... No Gold