AlgoForce E1500

1 hour ago, 338Edgeshooter said:

This could be amazing for many of us with old workings littered with nails, cans and rust flakes. A stable target ID is my only upgrade wish for the Axiom, as I have found the iron check to be unreliable on its own in my areas especially when the soil is wet. Having a tid to go along with it, or in this caes Instead of iron check, could be a huge help in deciding what not to dig while working through very trashy areas. I can’t wait to see how this detector performs. 

I think it will be very location dependent. If the gold in a certain location has a consistent and fairly small range of gold responses you could concentrate on that range and eliminate a lot of trash. However, if the gold is highly variable it becomes less useful. Only time and experience with digging everything at a location will gain one the knowledge needed to make this feature useful of not. Some will no doubt find it useless, but for others it may be a godsend. All I know is it is giving more information to play with and that has never been a bad thing for me.

I'll have one shortly, usually stuff doesn't take too long to come from Australia, a week would be normal.  My reasons for buying are simple really, I like new stuff, I have an awesome selection of GPX coils and I keep referring back to my 10" Spiral X-coil as it's without a doubt my favourite but also have coils such as the NF 14x9" EVO, I see potential with its small gold capabilities, it's very versatile and suitable for beach and even possibly park detecting, a lot of testing needs done here but I may be able to figure it out so it's useful for finding my silver coins.  It weighs nothing, has a great battery setup, I don't have to care as buying a power bank is cheap.   

I never pay much attention to an Aussies opinion on depth, soil conditions dictate that and I generally think when they say they found something deep and show the nugget and its depth it was pretty shallow 😛  I'm a bit spoilt with my milder soils there, but also disadvantaged as Reg likes to point out with my tiny gold that doesn't even qualify being a nugget, probably lucky I'm in milder soils or I'd likely find next to nothing as the depth I find these tiddlers would be impossible in Aussie soils.

I think it would be a very attractive option for people in the market for a gold detector but don't want to spend Minelab pricing, someone that just wants to get out and have fun gold detecting without breaking the bank, and that's where the QED comparisons come in, only I see this as being superior, build quality without a doubt it wins, and it has a whole lot more features and I think it will be a good performer.  I already have a couple of aptX LL transmitters and plenty of headphones, not that I'll use them, I also have the Quest Wirefree mate kit that may go well with it. 

I can see it opening up a new market for people that wanted to get into gold detecting but couldn't deal with the pricing, they can get a brand-new PI detector with 2 years warranty for cheaper than some VLF's.

I'm not sure if my new Concentric 15" X-coil will work on it, I'll have to ask Algoforce if plugging in an incompatible coil will cause any harm, as the Concentric works both as a mono and a DD, so perhaps just the 15" mono spiral side of it will work.

42 minutes ago, phrunt said:

...but also have coils such as the NF 14x9" EVO, I see potential with its small gold capabilities

Nice. Looking forward to it. That and a Sadie are the two I'm curious about. 

Also how that 14x9 compares to the 6000 w/stock coil in terms of EMI (like the two just sitting on the ground listening to atmospheric background EMI), depth, and sensitivity if you get a chance to compare the two machines. Because the 14x9" and 11" are very similar in area and thus coil to coil should be similar in performance if the detectors were equal. But the 14x9 is faster to explore with, better for rocky washes and vegetation. 

I'll buy one of these anyways unless the results are really bad. But my curiosity is too great to wait. 😁

I never had a Sadie but always wanted one. I really like poking around with small coils, really focuses my mind. So I am getting this detector purely to have a machine that runs a Sadie coil since this looks like a perfect match for that coil. 

I also want a water neutral 8” or 11” coil for wading. I have not figured that one out yet. Maybe I can find someone who has a Coiltek Platypus they will part with.

IMG_4816.jpeg

AlgoForce E1500 Database Entry

I also have the Coiltek 10x5" Joey bundle wound mono, it's a real shame they discontinued that coil as unlike the Sadie it's waterproof.  A sensitive little coil too with a nice hot nose.  Maybe if the Algoforce takes off Coiltek may resume production of some of the GPX coils they've faded away over time.  My 12x6" Hybrid winding mono X-coils probably going to be a killer on it.

The 12"x6" hybrid is sensational on small gold and if compatible with the E1500 could be a winner. Ilya stopped making them but maybe available again.

Wow sounds good, this may put the cat amongst the pigeons. Reminds me of the Dtex/Dtek Search King & Gold King split from Garrett back in the 80s.

Didn't see in the specs, but I'm guessing moisture resistant! Not waterproof, but hopefully salt air proof, as no IP rating! Already got two coils for it, one being the Sadie! Really want to see how it will do on the beaches, as that's where I'm already using my TDI SL! Wonder if my Miner Johns would work on it too!!🤔 Can't wait for some real testing to commence! Hurry up you all!!😆🍀👍👍

BTW, did notice this in the Quick start page! A common disclaimer? Will it need a tinfoil hat at the beach?

Screenshot_20240126_214254_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Reading through this thread and all the replies, I can almost see this as a replacement detector for the VLF's I use, am I wrong in my Thinking on this ???, I could see using this new detector instead of a VLF

Gonna keep  an eye on this and @phrunt  and @Steve Herschbach reviews on this one