GPZ Target Responses

Tortuga

On 10/9/2016 at 11:47 PM, Norvic said:

Mn try Bogenes, I know turning the threshold down seems counterproductive and against all instructions but on the Z with smoothing off, sensitivity full you may be pleasantly surprised. Definitely misses gold, but have found it comes up with the deep goods on some noisy patches, especially late in the day towards beer oclock when the minds GB is wandering.

Norvic,

I do like going up on sensitivity and down on threshold but I haven't been to 0 in awhile.  I can go silent about 19-20 and it seems 'low enough' for most situations but I will try the full Bogenes.

Fred, I do have Lunk's settings and mine are a bit of a variation on it most of the time.

Yesterday we hunted gold in a new spot but didn't get any and Lu wanted a meteorite so she got two with the 2300 and I got 4/15.6g with the 7000.  I walked fast at first and didn't hear them so then I had to patch/grid detect to let the 7000 'catch up' to the low metal chondrites.

They were heard best on max.

Mitchel

20 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I do like going up on sensitivity and down on threshold but I haven't been to 0 in awhile.  I can go silent about 19-20 and it seems 'low enough' for most situations but I will try the full Bogenes.

With sensitivity full, audio smoothing off, my machine at 19-20 has a fair threshold, for normal use I`m 15 threshold or less at this I have a  faint though varying threshold, for bogenes I go below 10 around 8 not to 0, but low enough that there is no consistent threshold sound. Mainly use general rather than HY, depending on ground depth.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2016 at 11:47 PM, Norvic said:

Mn try Bogenes, I know turning the threshold down seems counterproductive and against all instructions but on the Z with smoothing off, sensitivity full you may be pleasantly surprised. Definitely misses gold, but have found it comes up with the deep goods on some noisy patches, especially late in the day towards beer oclock when the minds GB is wandering.

IDPeg and me were talking today on the phone and we noticed you said in the evening Bogenes helps in the noisy patches---

Same thing happens to us in the Rye Patch ---after lunch the wind seems to start slowly building up and it seems like the EMI rides on it because the evenings can be tough out there...

Peg is going back soon and she is going to try those settings on her secret patches she already had produced gold from....lol

• Like 1

This thread helped me out at the old Barstow Patch on Wednesday.  I used my hot, low smoothing setting to find all the little ones you see in the case.  I had 8 from gridding by 2 PM but then I stopped because I was bored and they 'stopped' for a time.  Now time to stretch my wings.

I went to an area where deeper nuggets had been found.  I went back over ground I had worked before and next to an old dig hole I got a signal.  I dug deeper than ever for this patch and at 12 inches I got the cause of the signal.  It is the nugget in the center which is 2.6g!  Thanks thread participants.  Total weight is 4.4g for the day.

IMG_8216.JPG

• Like 6