Steve Graf New Gold Video

@phrunt Hey Simon, ya thinking you should have never left Queensland? Steve seems to like the insane heat up there, a Kiwi who only seems to prospect when its 35c or higher. I'm outta there when it gets above 28c, I dunno how he does it....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aureous said:

@phrunt Hey Simon, ya thinking you should have never left Queensland? Steve seems to like the insane heat up there, a Kiwi who only seems to prospect when its 35c or higher. I'm outta there when it gets above 28c, I dunno how he does it....

What annoys me is I didn't use metal detectors in the 5 odd years I lived in Victoria and the 20 or so in Queensland.  How much wasted time did I have, in the prime of prospecting time too.   I missed my best chance of finding a nugget over a few grams! 🙂

I handled the heat a lot better when living there, you get used to living in hell 🙂  Never did like the heat but I was able to live with it, it's once I left the heat now, I can't stand it and have become quite the opposite, 25 degrees is now too hot for me detecting.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

What annoys me is I didn't use metal detectors in the 5 odd years I lived in Victoria and the 20 or so in Queensland.  How much wasted time did I have, in the prime of prospecting time too.   I missed my best chance of finding a nugget over a few grams! 🙂

I handled the heat a lot better when living there, you get used to living in hell 🙂  Never did like the heat but I was able to live with it, it's once I left the heat now, I can't stand it and have become quite the opposite, 25 degrees is now too hot for me detecting.

Wow, could’ve would’ve and should’ve - some of the three most useless words ever Simon! 😉
 I used to be a white water river guide on several of California’s prime gold bearing rivers and probably floated over many ounces of gold while doing it and never knowing what I missed. And in those earlier times I used to do a lot of hiking in the desert and could handle the summer heat well by working outdoors all the time, but now I have gotten soft ever since changing to indoor work in classrooms.  At least that’s my excuse instead of blaming my age for it!😀

• Like 3

You can tell he is an animal in the bush. Going deeper, farther, longer than most can endure.  Its what it takes these days to get into that kind of gold even here in Montana. Its still out there if you do it, wish I was 25 again and got the fever then.  But Im still getting back in-country at 53.   Thanks for sharing he is a good inspiration to push harder. 

• Like 3