He did occasionally provide some good information i must admit.

Too bad he pulled it all down. Could have just left it be and would still pull in some revenue just coasting on the existing content. Just lock it and walk away. A lot of it genuinely good stuff (some was just the opposite) and a shame to lose. Those great nuggets to budding Tubers will never be seen now.

• Like 6

Ive only watched a few of his early videos, and sern him on the forums...but didnt he bring alot of this on himself? I didnt care for his style, why I didnt watch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deathray said:

Ive only watched a few of his early videos, and sern him on the forums...but didnt he bring alot of this on himself? I didnt care for his style, why I didnt watch. 

He had a polarizing style but that also created a formidable following of both haters and loyalists.  As they say, in entertainment, any publicity is good publicity and monetization doesn’t care whether people are viewing or even subscribing to hate or to love.  So it was one of the elements that made his channel successful.  He had a reckoning at some point and finally figured out that the haters didn’t matter and came through that awhile ago. He left the platform not because of the haters but because generating content had become a chore and time sink, I.e., it wasn’t fun and exciting anymore - he simply burned out on it and decided to move on not unlike any other hobby that you no longer consider a worthwhile occupier of your time.

Whether you love or hate him, the final video lays this all out and is a worthwhile view and cautionary tale on YouTube content generation.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked