Patch Hunting In England With Old Detector Yields 2 Oz Nugget

When I read this story I thought about a different thread where we came to the conclusion that we don't need new detectors to patch hunt.  This little tale confirms that ... even tho it might not be a 'patch!'

Talk about striking gold! Metal detectorist unearths the largest gold nugget EVER found in England - and it's set to fetch at least £30,000 at auction | Daily Mail Online 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13218195/Metal-detectorist-largest-gold-nugget-England.html 

• Like 6

I am going to get in before Reg..... that`s not a nugget😉

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Norvic said:

I am going to get in before Reg..... that`s not a nugget😉

yes your right, and to be estimated to get 30,000 pounds that like nearly $60,000 AUD for a 2oz bit of colour,  I reckon it's way way over valued, tell them their dreamin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

I wonder if it's an English nugget, or a nugget someone lost there some time ago, If it commands a premium price for being found there, perhaps.... it's not really from there.

A guy here found a 7 gram nugget in a city park, highly unlikely it was naturally there, someone at some point lost it.  

• Like 4

Dont believe everything you read in the Daily Mail,they always hype up valuations to make a good story line 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, strick said:

I would be most surprised if it gets half the suggested price,they are trying very hard to increase the exposure of this nugget,was it even found in that location no one will ever have any idea so we have just take it as gospel.I am not doubting it just clarifying my comment 🙂

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Oh, my goodness!  There is a big TELL in this auction ...

Look at the closing date ... April 1st

• Haha 3

Hope whoever buys it, gets an assay to determine its actual country of origin.

• Like 2

A few years back someone took an Aus. nugget, I think it was 2 or 4 Oz and tried to sell it as an English nugget that he found there.

• Like 2