Who Uses A Pinpointer On The Beach?

I use mine all the time. The areas I dig are rock packed, clay, shells. I can't use a scoop in that area. Most of the time I also use a screwdriver to pry small rocks apart and get between big rocks that do not move. Even in the wet sand, there are rocks that make it very hard to use a scoop, in addition to the hole filling up with water. It helps locate the target so I don't end up digging the forever widening hole ๐Ÿ˜„

My right foot is my pinpointer๐Ÿ˜†

Always, as most of my spots are rocks/clay so it makes for heaps faster recovery

On 4/3/2024 at 1:29 PM, phrunt said:

moved onto the Fisher F-Pulse

I just bought one.ย ย 

Years ago I was using a Garret one night and I didn't make it off the beach with it.ย  I'm going to attach this F-Pulse.

ย  ย Also use mine all the time on the beach, and everywhere else! Reduces my target location time, and helps me not to damage my finds by digging too close! Pinpointing with the coil is a great skill to have, but not always as practical or as speedy, depending on conditions, and obstacles!

ย  ย And just to add to what you said, i use my scoop in another way at the beach probably 90% of the time, besides sifting dry sand, or sifting in the water! I scoop, and kick the sand out on the beach, sweep a foot to spread, and if the target is not visible, than i pinpoint! It all happens very quickly, so I can move on searching! Also save's my arm from lifting up to sift repeatedly! It's nothing unique, as I've seen many do the same!ย ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

PS, If you get one, always have it on a bungee, or it will inevitably belong to someone else! Saved mine on numerous occasions!๐Ÿ‘

Unlikely to use mine in the water. Just scoop as fast as possible before it fills back in.๐Ÿ˜

In less wet to dry sandย  , I use mine almost every target to zero in better after using coil PPย  , mostly to keep from trashing the target .ย  I'm no stranger to a scratched or destroyed target that just got a kiss by my dig tool .ย  ย When I find that first gold ring , it must be PERFECT !ย  ๐Ÿคฉย ย 

ย I still use the coil to PP but even with the 6" I was still finding a target that had jumped to the side wall once I got the hole opened up and then up and up.ย  It's not so much a time thing but wear and tear on my elbows. Five seconds of handheld PP vs one or two extra scoops ... and besides , as we all know smaller holes are betterย ๐Ÿ˜œ

ย ย 

ย ย 

Never felt the need for a pin pointer on the beach and I've been wet sand beach hunting for about 14 years...If I'm dirt hunting though, which I hardly ever do, I would definitely use one.

ย 

I think if you are a sugar-sand hunter there is no need for a pinpointer. I hunt Atlantic beaches in New York, and Sound beaches Connecticut. A lot of Sound beaches are rock or shell infested, but a good scoop - and the hours on it to become proficient, rules out the need for a pinpointer even on those beaches. If you are primarily a dirt hunter I can see using a pinpointer in dry beach sand - habit.

480086_1994328113917_918559783_n.jpg