What Do You Carry Your Gold In?

One of those small Aleve bottles.  Works great!  Lid locks so unlike the minelab bottles or others it doesnt accidentally open in your pocket or where ever.  Waiting patiently for the day one wont fit in it. 🤣

IMG_7487.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Doc said:

That would be a lanyard...

Oh yeah, but with his luck he’d need a leash also as it would grow four legs and walk away!

• Haha 1

My choice is the orange match case.  Closes tight and easy to see if I lose it. (Fell out of my pocket once and brother easily found it.)  Won't hold big nuggets that I haven't found recently anyway.

Gold Vial.JPG

• Like 6

Try its big brother; it will hold bigger nuggets when you do find them.

5BCAC39A-90DD-40E9-BF4E-F2641ACFA8CA.thumb.jpeg.0c65b22a7bdeea7eaaf5d3af532bad68.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

After losing my gold bottle with something like 10 grams in it I quickly learnt not to use a brown pill bottle.  JW helped me find it in the dark late that night with torches  I then wrapped red electrical tape around that bottle to make it stand out more but you guys have far better options than I currently have.  I have one of Docs little gold storage yellow rubber like folding containers which I haven't given a go yet, I should give it a try.  I like the idea of bright yellow or orange, something not a natural colour in the gold fields to make it easier to find should I lose it.  That wasn't the only time I'd lost my gold bottle, I also lost another clear one another time with a few little nuggets in it, had I resolved it that time I likely would have found my 10 grams far easier.  Slow learner. 

• Like 3

Wow, Bigger is better!  Doc, sent me a handful of his new Nugget Stalker, Nugget Stash.  These new Poke Holders are built as durable as the original Nugget Stash.  I am eager to attempt to fill it in a day hunt, has to hold more than 5 ounces of placer 🤗. Thanks Doc!

LuckyLundy

IMG_5675.jpeg

• Like 4

I carry mine in my sock. I usually find gold when I forget my bottle, so now I just use my sock. When I first started doing it, I walked 2 miles with 2/3 oz of nuggets working their way under my sole. Good times. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Doc, Glad to see you have expanded a Prospectors Nugget holder. You certainly have gone through a variety throughout the years.

Those old kangaroo scrotum sacks were ideal in the day; they just hang/dangle most everywhere and always gets the craziest looks.  On a rare occasion, the ladies would actually go up and touch them.🤣

Below was your design back in the day.

Carry2.jpg.87db2b7ca1e634a5c29b2ad8a012b946.jpg

Then years later someone upgraded to a more handable style.  I feel sorry for the mate who had to go collect a new dozen after selling out.😆

Carry3.jpg.8551093a13ea0335b12f2a0a7c1b77e3.jpg

Eventually you changed to the desert green golden clam.  I enjoyed it much more often and recommended to many of my customers during our group training session.  One issue was color as I actually lost one on the side of a hill one time and it had a half dozen nuggets from Sawtooth.  It took me a couple hours to find it, thank the lord.

The other issue with the common golden clams is size.  On a rare occasion, a guy enjoys a bigger golden clam to hold his trophy.  As you can see in the pics, those small ones (even though more convenient most of the time) just quite not a good fit,, especially if rigid and rough, it takes a lot work and time to get it in.  I never did get the one below to fit.

BGH.thumb.JPG.af5dae1c12e900edf98dc3f53b9970f1.JPG

The yellow version clam... is quite inviting and can easily be seen from distance, but as you see in the pic, even a smooth one with a little more than average size, is a tough fit.  Eventually, I managed to work it in, though.

Carry1.thumb.jpg.a1a9886dc3a8da5ee9fa442c12c8a9df.jpg

I think the old timers would probably have used something similar to this.  Not much with girth but the length is manageable to most.  Just think how many of those are out there in the field holding someone's nuggets?

ORTripD1.jpg.f6ba56ec1429919bc1e9b52287280daf.jpg

One of my Field Staff, he's an expert at big and deep.  He just carries his around in his hand.

SpencWeb0.jpg.e6d5c3ef1c4ef8c4793f9623b3d8c989.jpg

As I mentioned, he likes big and deep. This time, he couldn't even carry it around in his hand.

spencer2.JPG.566c525ec14421e58496b553c3b5f1b3.JPG

You know me, always a mouthful and more than many can handle.

AxThanks1.thumb.jpg.d982d0f7ce50074307753155eb245547.jpg

20221009_114701.thumb.jpg.dc83248227e7ea684d72d65bb14249b8.jpg

On a side note, wonder how much gold this old beauty from the Mammoth Mine carried?

SL05n.thumb.JPG.d5f84031bb87ba9b92102d120a9485c4.JPG

You disappointed me a little, Doc.  So many of your inventions has catchy names.

Well, I'm giving you the permission to call this new one "The Golden Clam, it holds a variety of sizes of most Prospectors nuggets". 

If this does not drum up some business for you my friend, not sure what will.

Happy Swinging.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gerry they found one of these recently (fossil).............

Some of the now-vanished kangaroo species were quite massive. The short-faced kangaroo Procoptodon goliah grew as tall as three metres and may have weighed more than 250 kilograms.

.................... I am not sure how much of the 550 lb were in it's scrotum sacks but I am sure they are were too big for your usual photo session. 😁   

• Haha 1

geof_junk, I thought you were joking at 1st and had to google it.

Goliah1.thumb.jpg.5999f5f2ed30eda6f3b514b0027ba7d3.jpg

Doc's always one up on us.  He has them up on eBay right now and what's nice, is you get 3.  1st is for the gold nuggets. 2nd and just as important, is for the small bits of iron trash and bird shots.  Who in their right mind tosses those pesky items back down on the ground?  Many folks do, I see it in my classes all the time.  Their newbies and don't realize until they find the same small birdshot for the 3rd time.  I always make them find it again and dispose of properly.  An issue though, is many hip trash pouches have mesh bottom and so tossing the bits in there, will eventually end up on the ground again as they fall through the mesh holes.  Again, the 2nd pouch is just as important.

3rd one.  Now that's the one you leave in the rig as a backup, or on the ATV, side by side, motorbike.  Heck, allow the occasional detecting buddy to use one.

Stash.thumb.jpg.76931df542b72357cb2664fc917ea278.jpg

We all enjoy options and that's exactly what Doc allows us.

Happy Hunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1