Minelab Goes Above And Beyond For A Forum Member

For those that do not know vanursepaul is in Australia for a nearly three month long adventure, with gold prospecting at the top of the list. Imagine his distress when he arrived in Australia and the control box portion of his new Minelab GPZ 7000 was missing from his luggage!!! This on top of just having his previous GPZ 7000 stolen over the winter.

The solution to this serious problem is buried deep in another thread but I thought it should not go missed by people not following that thead, so here is a copy of Paul's post today at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/3724-nurse-paul-in-oz/?page=6#comment-41276....

12 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

MINELAB AU

Well.....back to the detector issue...

The control box (CB) was not in my baggage and customs has not found it laying around....

Right before I left for a week detecting with Norvic,  I called JP, and MinelabAU to see what could be done...

JP didn't have an extra he could loan out, (I will be here 2 1/2 more months)--- I was thinking of buying one from him, but I wanted to wait and see what Minelab could do...

Sarah from Minelab AU and I had discussed me buying just a CB from them.....

Right before Vic and I got out of cell range on the drive down to our secret detecting spot  -- I wrote Sarah and basically begged for some help, I said, "Maybe you all have a returned control box that was sitting on the shelf gathering dust----maybe one that was traded out completely due to the pixel thing.. whatever...as long as it worked I would use it...."

Sarah  replied almost immediately to that e-mail , BUT... I didn't get to read it until we came out of the bush today----

I was totally stunned by her reply..... She said she had had some success and would be shipping me a control box to use while I was here in Australia.... if I would give her a address. 

Is that customer service or what????

From the very get go.... Minelab AU was trying to help me---(you know when they are and when they are just passing you on)-- I felt like everyone I talked with at Minelab was genuinely interested in my problem. Darryl, Kathy, Sarah and ALL at Minelab have salvaged an adventure of a lifetime for me! I am so grateful. 

Can you guess what brand of detector I will buy next time??

It starts with an M.....

• The title was changed to Minelab Goes Above And Beyond For A Forum Member

One thing minelab always get right is its customer service. I sent in every detector I owned besides my 3000 and they always repaired it promptly. Glad they helped Paul out. I'm sure it's been discussed but isn't the airline responsible?

Yeah, Minelab ( Codan) have always been a Company that produces top products along with top customer service, to assist Paul as they are now with a loan control box for the duration of his stay down here clearly demonstrates this.

Thank you Minelab, even though he had a SDC and a brand new Monster to keep him busy with I had to lock my Z away from him. Now I`ll be able to detect with complete concentration on those signals rather then peering behind continuously, wondering when he was going to attack. Nothing worse then a Yank with Zenvy....................

"That is good to hear!"

This is why I read Detector Prospector for my news these days!     I need good stories like this about humanity to help "positivate" me of all the bad news.