Gold Monster And Gold Bug 2 Detecting

Picked up my GM1000 from Gerry on Friday, then after doing chores up at the cabin got it out yesterday and today. Used the larger coil for scouting out a new spot and after a couple hours of no decent targets yesterday, went over the same area with my GB2. Still nothing, so at least I didn't miss anything in that area, but I wasn't real comfortable with the Monster yet. So today, after yacking with VA Nurse Paul last night and Scott T today...both singing its praises, I put the small coil on it and went to my "old reliable" bench to see if I could squeak out another baby nugget. Moved rocks and dug up some sagebrush....initially hunting with trusty GB2 to get a target, then compare it with the Monster. Wow, it could hear the Fly-poo AU I find up there, and the disc was pretty reliable! I found 3 pieces using the GB2 first, then once I was more comfortable with how the Monster responds, it sniffed out 6 more! I noticed on some "iffy" signals that the Goldbug heard, the Monster picked them up a bit better. I was using manual 10 sensitivity and All Metal/deep, and as others have mentioned, it does false if you hit a rock etc. Not using headphones and having no threshold hum was actually nice for a change too.  Pretty cool machine....tomorrow I'm going to hit the hard rock gravels and see how it does. :-)IMG_0615.thumb.JPG.489fb7523f18dc48995a040fb9429a76.JPG

13 hours ago, kiwijw said:

"Give the GM 1000 some time under your belt & you will be presently surprised. It is hard not to like it. :smile: If fly speck gold isnt your thing then......you know the answer.

Good luck out there

JW :smile: "

Thanks for your comments kiwijw...up here at my cabin all I have is fly speck gold lol! But I definitely need more time with the Monster, and particularly in hotter ground, to better see its capabilities/advantages over my GB2. 

p.s. just viewed your 1st video on YouTube.... nice job!?

Very informative and impressive report.

JW, I was using the 5" coil....and I, and I'm sure the other forum members, appreciate your input and expertise! Thanks! Happy Nugget Hunting⛏?

I noticed When you bump the coil it does go off, but I was scraping the coil all day on quartz gravel and I was ok with the sounds it made... Which isn't much in disc..

Sens-max..... On Aussie hot ground..

Disc on

Switch back and forth to help id

Swing on iffy targets to see if they track out..

And go....