Rye Patch Sweat ( Sweet ) Hunt!

Sure, it's a little early in the season for more than just a morning hunt in the High Desert!  I loaded up my truck with my gear added 4 blocks of ice and a case of frozen water bottles in my big cooler.  Many asked me, how long are you staying, when my ice melts or I melt is my normal reply!  Rudy, is game for any weather, as I was at his age, but now I'm looking for a shade tree to get me thru the hot part of the day...no luck in this area for a tree!  Rudy,  met me early to start the hunt where we left off with his 8 plus dwt'er and run of nuggets.  The ground is perfect to hunt for the deep nuggets and Rudy had 5 dinks before we moved to another Patch for a change of scenery!  And hour there with Sun beating what brains we had left, we decided to swing some new ground with no luck there.  So, we headed back where we started the morning.  I popped two dinks and I seen Rudy starting to dig a big wide and deep hole.  He told me it has to be trash?  I walked over and I could tell by the dirt and his screaming machine that it wasn't trash even though I tried to talk him into filling the hole up and don't waste his energy!  He is much to seasoned for that line.  I walked over and got the monster pick from my RZR and we started busting the shale to the target!  Finally, out of the hole and into Rudy's hands was a handsome 5.70 dwt nugget at 20".  This type of hunting takes time and we bust a bunch of holes chasing Threshold variations for a fat deep nugget.  A couple more days later, I still had plenty of ice, but no gas left in my tank!  Of course we ran into Ms Peg and a new buddy Brian from Reno...everyone had gold in their pokes!  Until the next hunt

LuckyLundy

IMG_1289.JPG

And I keep thinking it's tough out there and here you boys keep showing us how easy it is when you know what you are doing. Beautiful hunting and thanks, love seeing that gold!

Great seeing you guys out there and watching the Lords of the Lunkers at work lol! Really appreciate the tips and tricks in looking for those big ones.....though for now I'm still just Queen of the Dinks! ? 

Peg,

Rudy & I, sell all our gold!  Them little Bread & Butter nuggets are the key to prospecting!  The Lobster & Steak nuggets will follow.  Just enjoy the pile of smiles as them little nuggets add up!

Rick