Total haul metal detecting on the beach this morning: 12 cents, one spark plug and 3 bottle caps.
The looks on people's faces when they saw me waving my coil in the air and screaming at seagulls like a banshee: priceless.

turtle.jpg

I hope the baby turtle made it to sea with your help, lol! I've seen the females lay the eggs, but have yet to see a hatchling! Maybe cuz I'm out west during their peak hatch season....when's the earliest they hatch, do you know?

It was a whole nest-full hatching out.  And since they were hatching in the daytime, there was a whole flock of seagulls picking them off as they came out of the sand.  Feathered rats!  Anyway, some other people helped after they realized I wasn't totally nuts, and most of them made it to the water.  I think the main hatching season is from June to September for the loggerheads (like that one).

Theres something about seagulls that I never liked the look of...you have now solidified my conviction lol

strick

Congratulations on getting the spark plug cause you never know when you`re going to need it and good on you for saving the baby turtles :smile:   cheers Dave