What Is Length Of Equinox Fully Collapsed?

Redneck

15 hours ago, Condor said:

Hey Steve,

Do you think the EQX can be made to fit the Golden Mask collapsible rod assembly?

I personally feel with the correct parameters and ingenuity anything is possible.

You guys! :laugh: OK, here are all the measurements I could think of. The Golden Mask rod could be made to work, but the first problem is Equinox handle being designed to fit an approx 22 mm outside diameter rod, whereas the Gold Mask upper rod is more like 26 mm (more or less). The upper rod is also a little shorter on the Golden Mask so probably ok for those with shorter arms. Might need to extend for longer arms.

The question other than making the rod collapse shorter is whether it is worth the effort. The Equinox handle assembly by itself as shown in the top of the photo below only weighs 13.6 oz or 386 grams, and is about as light as Minelab could make it without making it weaker. I think the lower rod is spun fiberglass but it might be plastic - hard to tell without digging into it. The two uppers are aluminum and replacing them with carbon fiber I can't see as saving much.

The upper rods are 22 mm outside diameter and the lower rod is 20 mm outside diameter.

The lock pins as close as I can eyeball appear to be 5 mm. I think the diagram below explains the layout pretty well - ask if further questions. Click or double-click for larger views.

minelab-equinox-rod-assembly-measurements.jpg

minelab-equinox-armrest-armcup-detail.jpg

If I understood the warranty information that has been released the warranty is only for the control head and coil not the shaft or its components but I may be mistaken.

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Я понимаю, почему люди хотят измерения - я сам делал подобные вещи. Надеемся, что измерения и фотографии помогут. Размеры в дюймах. Если вы сломали что-либо, пытающееся сменить стержни, оно не будет покрываться гарантией - так что ничего не сломайте.

This is understandable. The main issue was that when removing the control unit with the handle will not lose the warranty.

It is very difficult to communicate through an online translator, but I hope we understand each other correctly.

Herein lies the problem. It is necessary that Minelab should limit access to food, but do not prohibit users to remove the handle with the control unit without losing the warranty.

I understand it is light weight, but how is the machine balanced?

thanks