Discrimination Settings Feedback Needed...

Happa54

That horseshoe has been through the ringer, it looks like a brand from the Lazy S ranch...lol

We all should struggle as you have been :biggrin: 

Little tiny pieces can sound like deep good targets sometimes...although I rarely look at the depth meter...i might start soon. Nice collection you got there. 

Strick

Welcome to the forum Randy!

Yeah, that was really a head scratcher when I pulled that out of the plug.  Some think it wasn't plow damage, but that it had been heated and intentionally twisted.  Who knows, but it was a fun find with some sort of bizarro back story, I'm sure. Lol.

Thanks Chase, I have been on some other forums for many years but am getting tired of them. I really like this forum, good information and good attitudes.

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

BTW I did find a horseshoe with the horseshoe button.  Tell me what you think of it...lol

TECT_1521810834322.jpg

Chase,

I found my only horseshoe at the beach in the wet with the Nox.  It was early when I was digging everything without regard to numbers.

Mitchel

Steve's quote: "...The horseshoe button makes it easy to set up a pattern with almost every thing blocked. You can flip back and forth between extreme disc settings and wide open and compare signals on targets found in the field before digging..."

The importance of this way of experimenting and double checking cannot be overstated. It is one of the reasons the Equinox is so much fun and works so well. The other thing I like is being able to instantly change frequencies to see how they interact with the target and the ground. That also helps make detecting much more of a learning experience. 

8 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Steve's quote: "...The horseshoe button makes it easy to set up a pattern with almost every thing blocked. You can flip back and forth between extreme disc settings and wide open and compare signals on targets found in the field before digging..."

The importance of this way of experimenting and double checking cannot be overstated. It is one of the reasons the Equinox is so much fun and works so well. The other thing I like is being able to instantly change frequencies to see how they interact with the target and the ground. That also helps make detecting much more of a learning experience. 

I agree. Nox makes it so you can easily and quickly move between modes and settings while working targets. So much easier than ML's other FBS machines.