I Don't Always Find Silver, But When I Do...

I got into the hobby of metal detecting three years ago and have a couple of Teknetics detectors which work just great. I watched the development and release of the Equinox brand with interest as a friend is an avid Minelab user. To cut a really long winded story short, I bought an Equinox 800.

Nobody has been more amazed at the capabilities of this detector than I. In the short six weeks I have been learning to us it, I am in awe of it's simplicity, or if so desired, it's complexity. I have not ventured too far in adjusting settings yet as I learn the basics of this machine. One of the standout features of the detector is the wireless headset capability; I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I am.

Anyway, I don't always find silver when I head out detecting but when I do, it is magical. I'll let a couple of pics tell the rest of the story....

The quarters are 1918, 1951, 1952 and 1960. The dimes are 1942, 1949, 1950, 1960 and 1965...and that Merc is a 1944.

The ring on the left is stamped sterling and the other two are stamped 925.

I think I've caught the silver bug that is going around!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum as it is a very impressive resource for folks like me. Thank you all!!

SilverTreasures.JPG

Closeup.JPG

Excellent finds!  Is the 1965 dime actually silver?  Did Canada lag the US a year or two in converting to non-precious metals?  That Merc looks like it just came out of the mint.  Nice!  Ditto on the 1918 quarter; in fact all of the quarters are strong and only likely ciruculated for a short time.

Six weeks (you didn't say how many hours) is just getting started with this detector, IMO.  I can't wait to see what you find the rest of the summer.

Yes Sir, the 1965 is 80% silver. Canadian quarters and dimes were silver up to 1967. In 1968, some were silver and some were nickel...only a magnet knows for sure. And at some point, we digressed into steel garbage...

I just reviewed my files and a conservative estimate would put me about 35 hours or so over 10 outings using the Equinox.

Yeah, I take pics of everything I dig even if it's 51 pennies and a bunch of nickels and then file them by date and location. And the missus has the unmitigated gall to say I have OCD. It's CDO, dammit...the letters have to be in alphabetical order!!!  LMAO!!!

20180707_152526.jpg

Those are awesome finds for the time you've put into the Nox. 

Congrats !!!!!

Congratulations on like the machine, it truly is a great machine.