Managed To Find A Small Patch

Its been a tough year so far. Many a skunks. My Buddy Dave and I have been trying to think outside the box, looking for new areas with very little luck. Our old areas are pretty damn pounded by us. Dave had some family obligations so I went out this past Sunday myself for a short hunt to beat the Nevada heat. I decided to go back to an area where i found 2 random nuggets about 30 yards apart. One was 1.5 gram in a tiny negligible small dry tribal. The other was a nice three gram solid found in a flat spot over a foot deep. 

I got to the area and hit a couple of nearby washes for nothing. Working back to where I found the nuggets I started grinding the area, working up hill from the nuggets. I was just about to the point where I had planned on quitting when I got a trashy chirpy signal. It moved on the first scrape with my foot, and I figured trash (this area has very little trash, almost none) got it in the scoop and it was a tiny specie. It was in the trailing of a rodent burrow so I wasn't sure if it was from deep. I started slowing down and overlapping my swings and got a solid signal next to a creosote brush. Turned into a nice sub gram nug. Made a circle around the Bush and got a screaming signal that I figured could be a bullet. Only 4 inches down in some soft overburden came out the large 5.1 g nugget. I back tracked a bit from there working the same line down the slope and got a nice deeper signal next to another creosote. Nice 1.5 gram nug. All very rough with rock and quartz. I tried working the line up the slope for nothing else. Going to go back and work the bench at top of slope. I had been getting discouraged so it was a nice shot of adrenaline. 

I was supposed to be getting hip surgery today but insurance denied my claim last minute. Filing appeals and grievances so we'll see what happens. I was supposed to be on crutches for 3 months after 1st surgery then have the 2nd which is a hip replacement.  So I would have been on the bench for a while. The surgery is supposed to be in Vail Colorado so I was thinking about doing so prospecting there before the surgery. 

Stay out of the heat!

Chris 20180801_134902.thumb.jpg.544575e89a579d57c1b76bd88e35809e.jpg

Cool finds Chris, get the surgery and get back to finding more nuggets like these.

Very nice gold there Chris.  ?   I love getting those trashy chirpy signals you mention.  Around here most of those signals are either a piece of gold or a rusty piece of steel.

Those North Nevada nuggets are top prize finds.  The folds, seams and crevices in the gold is stunning.  Keep at it my friend and hope the Insurance kicks in..or you'll be selling the gold.

3 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Those North Nevada nuggets are top prize finds.  The folds, seams and crevices in the gold is stunning.  Keep at it my friend and hope the Insurance kicks in..or you'll be selling the gold.

Hi  Gerry, thank you. Btw that is southern Nevada gold.

Chris

13 hours ago, Chris Ben said:

Hi  Gerry, thank you. Btw that is southern Nevada gold.

Chris

They stay close to home on a Sunday hunt!

WTG

Mitchel

Chris,

Good to see you got some good pieces out there. Congrats dude !!!  Hope you get approved for the surgery on your appeal. It had been a while since a nice find like that.

Until next time,

Dave