Equinox Multi-IQ Technologies ( Part 3 )

cdv

Does seem odd to have the flag ship detector...... especially at its price, have a NEW detector step in appearing to do as well or out do the very machines that the flag ship is struggle to compete with...... yet remain the flag ship.   How do we now define flag ship?   Not sales or performance.   Ill have to see the difference now to decide if ML is correct about BBS/FBS still being top dog...... in some areas it may not be unless theres something we just dont know yet.

4 hours ago, Nuke em said:

The AT and Deus would out sell the CTX anyway , they are a different price range . The CTX only sells so poorly compared to many because of the price . If the price here in the UK wasn't the price of a small house i might have kept mine . Even if i didn't like it much . Other reasons for its lack of sales are the weight and complicated menu and many people kept moaning about lack of updates . Though i always thought the Exchange 2 was for downloading programs . I doubt that the Equinox will get many updates unless the machine has issues after release .

The Equinox is going to have the Deus and AT types for dinner and any others in that price range if successful . 

Agree AT series is toast with Equinox and Deus will take a hit too, but mainly because of what you have to pay for it.  In some respects (e.g., HF) it may still outperform the Equinox because its frequencies are much higher than the Equinox max frequency.  No one (even Minelab Go detectors), touch Deus on lightweight, low profile detecting.  But will users be willing to pay the Deus price for these fringe benefits?  I would say very few once Equinox comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Does seem odd to have the flag ship detector...... especially at its price, have a NEW detector step in appearing to do as well or out do the very machines that the flag ship is struggle to compete with...... yet remain the flag ship.   How do we now define flag ship?   Not sales or performance.   Ill have to see the difference now to decide if ML is correct about BBS/FBS still being top dog...... in some areas it may not be unless theres something we just dont know yet.

Could be that the flag ship detector is still in the works. If the Equinox is second string to something bigger, then I better get to saving my change for the top dog. :ohmy: I'm still hoping for that pulse discriminator that Santa reneged on!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nuke em said:

The AT and Deus would out sell the CTX anyway , they are a different price range . The CTX only sells so poorly compared to many because of the price . If the price here in the UK wasn't the price of a small house i might have kept mine . Even if i didn't like it much . Other reasons for its lack of sales are the weight and complicated menu and many people kept moaning about lack of updates . Though i always thought the Exchange 2 was for downloading programs . I doubt that the Equinox will get many updates unless the machine has issues after release .

The Equinox is going to have the Deus and AT types for dinner and any others in that price range if successful . 

Correct, price is one of the ways CTX is not faring well versus less expensive competition, though if the CTX was the same price it still would lose lots of sales to Deus in particular, for reasons you mention and more - like recovery speed in trash. The bottom line is CTX is expensive and heavy and so a new platform had to be developed to compete with the hot sellers from Garrett and XP.

The only point I am trying to make is Equinox is designed to compete with the Garrett AT series and XP Deus and will succeed or fail based on how it does versus those detectors. If people want to buy an Excalibur or E-TRAC or CTX instead Minelab certainly won’t be upset.  

• Like 2